Smokey Joe Platinum on Steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Clark

TVWBB Pro
IMG_1761.jpg

Damn, I need to find a job! That would be perfect for camping! As soon as I'm working, I'm getting the center section for my SJP....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
cool. is it a decent fit ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fits great - a little tight!
icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Great idea Robert. That thing is way
icon_cool.gif
. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bryan! Did you see the guy in the trading post forum wanting to trade pecan wood for apple wood? I know you have alot of apple wood to spare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Aarseth:
Ok, I guess I'm dense, but what did you use for the middle section? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS

Well I saw the picture and order the middle section from Pro-Q. Just received it this weekend and went to fit it on my smokey joe and to my surprise the grate is on the bottom. Wouldn't have been a surprise if I had looked closer as it is designed to top off the WSM.

Maybe I'm missing it but Robert are you going to drill holes and add bolts closer to the end opposite of the handles so you can utilize a two-grate system with the stacker?

Seems to me with that mod the stacker can be used right-side up to top off the WSM or upside-down to add a layer to the smokey joe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Clark:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
cool. is it a decent fit ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fits great - a little tight!
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's upside down. The grill grate is on the bottom so it will need to be relocated to the top. How can you say it fits great?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LDThornton:

It's upside down. The grill grate is on the bottom so it will need to be relocated to the top. How can you say it fits great? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It fits great upside down considering it wasn't meant to fit this grill at all.

The SJP bottom is the same as the WSM lid, so it should fit (if the Stacker was made properly). I'd expect differential expansion between the quality Weber SJP and the POS Stacker when you cook. You may have trouble removing the Stacker after cooking.

guys, i am a bit confused.

this center piece was designed for the WSM which is 18.5 inch for the small one but a smokey joe is much smaller, so how will they fit?

elmo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmo:
guys, i am a bit confused.

this center piece was designed for the WSM which is 18.5 inch for the small one but a smokey joe is much smaller, so how will they fit?

elmo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elmo,

It works w/ the SJ Platinum, which is 18.5 inches. Sadly, SJP's are not easy to find.

Robert,

I just purchased the ProQ because I wanted t convert my SJP into a smoker and wanted the extra room on my SMC. I have not yet had the opportunity to smoke on the SJP with the ProQ. If you have, could you kindly give us some details on a smoke, esp. with regards to temperature control. Also, where did you put the water pan. If I don't do any mods to the ProQ, I can squeeze an aluminum tray in between the two grates. Please advise. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Batsarisakis:
Robert,

I just purchased the ProQ because I wanted t convert my SJP into a smoker and wanted the extra room on my SMC. I have not yet had the opportunity to smoke on the SJP with the ProQ. If you have, could you kindly give us some details on a smoke, esp. with regards to temperature control. Also, where did you put the water pan. If I don't do any mods to the ProQ, I can squeeze an aluminum tray in between the two grates. Please advise. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havent used it yet.

would this stacker fit with a One touch silver, since it is also 18.5"? and prob a lot easier to find than a smokey joe platinum

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason I:
would this stacker fit with a One touch silver, since it is also 18.5"? and prob a lot easier to find than a smokey joe platinum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back