Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring

Jon R.

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

I purchased the Cajun Pimp Kit from Cajun Bandit for my new 22.5" WSM. I received the kit which is all stainless and looks very solid. It had been sold out for a while but I corresponded with Chris via e-mail and when they were back in stock he let me know. He was very timely in his responses and very helpful with my questions. Used it last night and the rotisserie worked like a charm. One issue though with the rotisserie ring, when I reverse it from the WSM end to put on the Performer, which I did last night to cook a chicken, the ring didn't make a good seal. It does not look out of round, torqued or bent. But was a little off, rocked a little if that makes sense, from one side to the opposite. The other thing is that since it is reversible, which is a fantastic feature and one of the main reasons I bought it, the other set of holes allows much more air flow and leakage. These minor issues are not deal breakers for me.

To those that have this rotisserie kit, do you have the same issues or might my ring need to be replaced and are there options for closing up those extra holes in the ring while cooking? Just checking with others before contacting Chris....

Thanks in advance,

Jon R.

You can seal the holes with a small piece of HVAC foil tape on the inside wall of the ring. Durable and easily removable. My ring seals well on both the WSM and Performer without rocking. Try measuring across the ring where the rotisserie rod goes through, and then measure again across the ring 90 degrees away from your first measurement to see if it is out of round. Then do the same on the performer bowl. Try setting the ring on a known flat surface and see if it rocks. CB has great products and customer service. If anything is wrong with the product they will take care of it.

I have the same reversible ring... mine fits fine. your kettle may be out of round also... but I think after a few cooks, it may seat better.
one thing I dislike about the CB reversible, it should come with motor brackets for each flip, instead of having to swap them for every time it's used.

when I bought mine, I just assumed it would come with two motor brackets.
the cost to purchase another set along with shipping was a joke.
so, I did make my own second bracket.

and as far as sealing the other holes in the ring.... the little smoke or heat that escapes is not worth the hassle for me to be concerned

A couple of foil balls in the holes will do the trick Jon R. However, the more you use it the better seasoned it becomes and before long you won't even miss that small amount of smoke leaking out. You've got one of the best rotisserie rings money can buy. Have fun.

Bill

As I was told about with Cajun Bandit, they took care of my issue immediately. Sent me a new ring, which fits great, apologized for the inconvenience and sent me a pre-paid label to return the defective one. I wish all companies were as squared away and as customer friendly as Cajun Bandit.

Back