20$ CL genesis rehab project

Jeremy Cook

TVWBB Member
Date shows 98 model I believe. Needs all internals and paint. Has small rust area on top also that will need repair. Should be good project.:redgenesis1:
vR654u

Jeremy,

The three flavorizer bars that I can see look to still be solid. Shouldn't have to replace them if you don't want to. Are 2 more buried down in there somewhere ?

It's got all 5, but I was able to score new porcelain enamel grates and bars for 35$ on CL as well, which was about 1/2 price. I'm just not sure on the lid repair. I guess I'll be removing rust and spot paint it with high temp paint, won't look as nice as enamel though. Needs igniter and fuel line assy.

95% completed. Had to repair the drip pan assy that slides below fire box and order a igniter rocker switch . I replaced burners, gas regulator line, both warming racks, flavorizer bars, cooking grates, ignitor, and thermometer. Should get several more years out of her now. This was a 20$ Craigslist find. Feels like addiction now

95% completed. Had to repair the drip pan assy that slides below fire box and order a igniter rocker switch . I replaced burners, gas regulator line, both warming racks, flavorizer bars, cooking grates, ignitor, and thermometer. Should get several more years out of her now. This was a 20$ Craigslist find. Feels like addiction now

Nice work Jeremy. One slight correction though. Aside from replacing the grates and flavorizer bars every now and then, you should get a decade or more of use out of that grill !

Thanks! And I hope I do! I mostly will be using my kettle and Wsm but I wanted a gasser for quick meals and for the wife to be able to use. I wanted a new 800$ genesis but I'm cheap and these old ones are still cool/nostalgic

Back