OK, need to figure out what is going on - Stoker Log

Wm Hipple

TVWBB Member
I have the new stoker log - the one that doesn't auto start

I have used stoker log for a while and problems started when i upgraded to the RC3 version

It will go 20 minutes to 3 hours and then just stop - (Not Responding) shows in the title line of the program window and force kill is basically my only answer. once it happens and I restart, the time it takes to happen again get smaller and smaller until it won't run at all and it also bugs out the stoker and I have to restart the stoker

Today was the last straw.....I put on a brisket, started stoker log - it took 18 minutes to die

Opened mac laptop, started stoker X, picked up stoker and started fine, no issues, been running for hours now and has NEVER given me a moments trouble. I have turned to it many times in the past when stoker log just wouldn't work.

I originally thought t might be a network issue, but the PC and mac laptop are on the same network and if stoker log dies, i open stoker X and it works instantly. This lead me to believe the device and the network are fine. Also, if i put stoker log in HTTP mode it won't even connect until i restart the actual stoker.

Also, while ALL of this is happening, typing the IP address for the stoker into any browser, including the computer that won't run stoker log, will bring up the web interface

I have pulled my hair out for 6 months and have no idea where to go next.

I am sorry you are having problems with Stokerlog. Unfortunately, it is impossible to debug this kind of problem. It is very strange that you can access the stoker with browser but stokerlog can't do the same using HTTP. What version of Windows are you running?

Win 7 Home Premium

The part that really irks me is the fact that if I keep restarting stokerlog it will eventually lock up the stoker and nothing can get in (not even http works) It seems to work better if I don't restore previous cook

It ALL started when i got to RC3, can I get a link to the older version, I never had problems with that version?

Back