Stronger fan, bigger setup. Help!!!

GustavoGuimas

Hello, I just got my 3rd system build but in this case I need a bigger fan/blower. I'm using a 12v 4amp fan in order to get temperature up to 250F. But don't know how to create a circuit that will control the the fan power by a second power supply.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks

Yah, holy cow, no kidding... Maybe you've got something wrong there in the specs?

I just looked at my 25CFM Delta BFB1012HH blower and it says it draws 0.69A at 12VDC, so that would be a little over 8 Watts power to push 25CFM of air....

...and you said your blower is drawing 4A at 12VDC? That's 48 Watts, 6 times the power draw of the 25CFM blower I have here. Six times 25CFM would be 150CFM if all things were equal in efficiency, which would be equivalent to about a 25MPH wind! What is the CFM rating on that blower? Is this a flying smoker? LOL

Why don't you give a little more information about the smoker and the setup in general so we can offer you better advice. From what I see you plan on using enough power to create a whole LOT of air flow there and I am not sure why you would possibly need that much?

If you were using a 4amp blower, you would have a blower of around 240cfm and about 1570 gallon smoker. So, are you using a 4amp blower or is it a fan?

Back