Using a ProQ WSM stacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made the flip-mod, and I'm using it with 18" Bar-B-Kettle (2009-model I got for 40 euros).

I don't use it to substitute WSM, but for my rotisserie stuff. I get quite nice distance from fire, it keeps the temps fairly nice (not like WSM though). Only challenge I might face is that the lid is quite shallow, doesn't leave too much space with big chicken.

If you don't have WSM, you could try and use this setup, but it's a lot more trouble than the real thing.

Some pics of the project on Facebook.

Nice pictures, One question though. It looks like the stacker doesn't seat well in the 18 in Weber, an I right? It looks like a really tight fit. Thanks

It sits just about as nicely as it does on WSM, which is not at all
icon_biggrin.gif

I did try to manhandle the stacker with a saw and pliers, did get the lip bit smaller, but it still is very tight and when it's hot, it might as well be welded on. It doesn't really bother me with rotisserie, I just get the fire going and assemble it, not trying to separate the sections until it's cooled down. Even then I have to use some rough moves.

Was a good catch, Shaun, I did not even remember this issue. It would make it really hard to add charcoal in middle of a longer cook.

Thanks Tuomo, I was thinking of getting one, but I really don't want to wrestle with it unless the price is right. I wonder what the big challenge is in making stackers? I may try a steel drum one day, Thanks again

Got mine from Ebay for 25 USD (plus shipping to Finland...). I do think it's worth about that, not much more.

There seems to be quite a few available even now for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back