Found a Q-120 on CL - Worth it?

Wesley S

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been searching for a Q and found a guy selling one about an hour from me. Includes the stand and 20# converter hose. I talked him down to 85.

Is this worth it? From the pics the grates look a "little" rusted, but it's hard to tell. The lid looks spotless and the burner section from the pictures look spotless. I can't pick up till tomorrow, but wanted to check with the pros first :)

Thanks in advance

$85 for a Q120 sounds like a good deal to me.

It would be great to see some pictures to be more confident on my opinion.

The grate can easily be reseasoned, the rest can be cleaned.
Before you buy, have him show you how he slowly opens the tank valve and fire it up.
Check the flame and ensure you get a high blue flame with yellow tips at Start/High then a clear decrease when dialing down to low.

Good luck. For me, an hour drive to buy something would be more fun stopping and having a meal on the way back or visit something cool. That's a long drive.

Good luck and post pictures !

$85 for a Q120 sounds like a good deal to me.

It would be great to see some pictures to be more confident on my opinion.

The grate can easily be reseasoned, the rest can be cleaned.
Before you buy, have him show you how he slowly opens the tank valve and fire it up.
Check the flame and ensure you get a high blue flame with yellow tips at Start/High then a clear decrease when dialing down to low.

Good luck. For me, an hour drive to buy something would be more fun stopping and having a meal on the way back or visit something cool. That's a long drive.

Good luck and post pictures !

Here are the pictures I have. Yeah I'm not really worried about the grates. Click for larger images.

I really like my lil Q (like that one) I hate my big Q. Being it a small BBQ, and you knowing that (and the limits that comes with a small BBQ) if that what you wan, you'll be fine, but you should try to get the price down just for good measure

He was asking more. I got him down to $85. With the stand and hose converter I "feel" that is a good deal. I'm taking a tank with me tomorrow to make sure everything fires up fine. Heck the stands are nearly $50.

We just purchased a pop up and I was looking for this or a Roadtrip. On the popup forums the Weber seems to be more liked for those that have owned both. Not to mention all my grills are Webers :D

Excellent BBQ for road trips. Mine has hours and hours of use at Lake Shasta

My plan is to just keep it stored in the camper, but I have a feeling I'll find a cover and I've always wanted a convenient way to grill on our upstairs deck. :D

Got her home and fired it up for an extended period.

Started to coat the grates

Other than a few cob webs everything looks like it was hardly ever used.

Once it cools I'm going to take the grill off the stand and give the stand a good cleaning.

Last edited:

Back