Does Heatermeter work with a Pi B 2?

ChrisMueller

TVWBB Member
I've got a Raspberry Pi B 2 that I bought when they first came out, and never really thought of anything great to do with it. Now that I'm building my heatermeter, I was planning to use it, but I can't find anything in the documentation that says it works with it. Can anyone confirm? I figure once I get my heatermeter soldered together I can just try it and see, but I thought someone out there could set my mind at ease before I get around to that.

The model A, B and A+ will work on the HMv4.2, for the A+ you need to install the transistor and resistor that is near the end of the rPi header on the HM board on the other side of the board so they do not interfere with the extra pins on the + model header, other than that it's good to go. I read that the B+ will work too, but the problem with that model is the extra USB pots are in the same place as the I/O from the HM, so the B+ is a no go unless you connect it to the HM using some sort of cable....

The model A, B and A+ will work on the HMv4.2, for the A+ you need to install the transistor and resistor that is near the end of the rPi header on the HM board on the other side of the board so they do not interfere with the extra pins on the + model header, other than that it's good to go. I read that the B+ will work too, but the problem with that model is the extra USB pots are in the same place as the I/O from the HM, so the B+ is a no go unless you connect it to the HM using some sort of cable....
Thanks Ralph. I read similar in the documentation on the Wiki. I guess my relative lack of knowledge about rPi's just makes it confusing, because even now when i read that I still feel like it says the B 2 is fine. But I got a hold of Bryon, and he's going to sell me a B that I can use. By the time I have everything soldered and a contraption for hooking up my fan to my large Big Green Egg, I should have my Pi in hands and can plug it all in, load up the software and go hopefully!

Well, unless you are really into a project that uses the rPi it is understandable that you would be confused, there are SO MANY versions of the rPi now it's hard to keep track. Original A/B, B revb, A+, B+, V2.... did I miss one? It's at least a half dozen different models.

Back