Help me pick a color for a new EP-330

ChrisV

TVWBB Fan
So I'm going to be buying a Weber EP-330 this weekend. I've wanted one for a while and Ace has their Memorial day sale going. The grill isn't actually on sale but instead are offering a $100 Ace gift card with the purchase of any Genesis grill. Just so happens that they have a ladder I also need for $99 so this works out well.

I already have a Weber Performer and Smokey Joe that I've turned into a MiniWSM. Both are Black and I have this anal/OCD issue with needing things to match so naturally I planned on getting the Genesis in Black as well. Not only because of the matching thing but I also don't care for most of the other colors Weber offers. That said...

My local ACE only has the "Smoke Gray" version of EP-330 in stock. I will say, I do really like the look of the smoke gray. I also like that its a little different then most and I think it does go well with Black too.

My OCD side thinks I will eventually regret not getting a black one like I originally planned to but then I tell myself if I do, I could always paint it later on (That would be a last resort kind of deal).

So am I being too neurotic and should just go get the smoke gray one or stick to my OCD'ness and have them order me a black one?

(I know, first world problems and all of that :eek:)

First never paint a Weber lid. It is porcelain not paint so you'd just be ruining it IMO. Black and gray go very well together. I don't think you'd go wrong with the gray. They ARE sharp

I have a smoke EP330. It stays cleaner looking than my black e310 did. IMHO looks great and like satin stainless. It appears that the hoods are first painted black and then gray, at the rear interior you can see it.

Well my local Ace didn't have any NIB units in stock and I really didn't want a pre-assembled unit for a number of reasons. He ordered me a new one from the warehouse but unfortunately it won't show up until next Tuesday but I did get to pick the color I wanted....I ordered the Smoke Gray :D

Now I have to decide whether to get the Weber 7553 Premium Cover (is worth the price?) or if I should go with the newer polyester cover model# 7107? The grill will stored in the garage (not outdoors) for the foreseeable future so the cheaper one should be ok, at least for a couple of years?

Congrats. The regular weber cover is extremely light-weight. I ended up with a classic accessories ravena cover, which is similar to heavy boat covers and was only $40 on Amazon.

I've sold a ton of the 330. Every customer who bought stainless came back in and gave me an ear full after I told them 23 times that it's going to get dirty. I always recommend the grey or black. Can't go wrong with either. Just buy what you want. Again, I always suggest a cover. doesn't really matter which one. Just helps keep the moister off the ignition.

I've sold a ton of the 330. Every customer who bought stainless came back in and gave me an ear full after I told them 23 times that it's going to get dirty. I always recommend the grey or black.
Its funny you should mention that. As I was buying mine, another customer was there to buy one as well but he wanted the stainless version (S-330). They didn't have any of those (assembled or NIB) but he wanted it for this weekend so ordering one wasn't going to work for him. While the guys were calling around to other stores trying to track one down, I told him how my last gas grill was stainless that IMO, it wasn't worth the extra $100 and that it would in fact "stain" but he insisted he had to have the stainless. Whatever... his money his choice. Not all of my decisions are based on logic either! :D

Excellent choice. I've had my Smoke Gray EP-330 for about a month and absolutely love it. I really like that it looks somewhat like stainless but I know it will stay much cleaner for years. I tried to weight for the Memorial Day sale but just couldn't. Luckily, my local Ace was having a "No Tax" sale when I bought mine so it was almost the same.

Back