Testing Kingsford Lump Briquets and new set of wheels

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
No plate shots, but wanted to give my views of the new KLB.
Regular Kb on the left is larger in size.

IMGP0184.JPG

Broken in half to show the mesquite chips are in the outer portions only.

IMGP0187.JPG

Firing up there was smoke with a nice woodsy smell, not a campfire smell like with regular lump, but I think those offended by regular Kb will find it a big improvement.
Personally I've never disliked the start up smell of Kb.

IMGP0192.JPG

They lit off each other well, should be a good choice for the snake method.

IMGP0194.JPG

Boneless skinless thighs for this project.

IMGP0197.JPG

IMGP0203.JPG

Final thoughts.
The chicken had a nice lightly smoked flavor.
To me the coals did not burn as hot as regular K.
They did seem to last about as long though, with less ash residue.
Never been fond of mesquite, but thought the subtle smell and taste was very good.
I found this 10.6/lb bag for $9.25.

Jo Anne needed a new vehicle, her 2000 Jeep GC, purchased new, had 222,500 miles on it, needed tires, rotors, and cat converter replaced.
Rather than put more money into it we sucked it up and bought her a new Explorer yesterday.
She is now smilin' and profilin'

IMGP0222.JPG

IMGP0225-002.JPG

Two more years until she retires, then look out highway!

Thanks for checking out my post!

PS to Mr Lampe, it is StL Cardinals ruby red, not Badger red. :p

Great review on the charcoal Bob, I don't mind the smell of KB either. Nice wheels, you know "happy wife equals happy life". Personally I have never....never seen a red badger, but I do see a lot of red cardinals.

Thanks for the review Bob, very informative. I don't dislike the smell of regular KB, just the amount of white smoke is overwhelming. Very nice set of wheels your lovely lady has now. You sure got your moneys worth out of that GC.

WOW Bob! Nice new Explore. My Dad has a 16 model coming in a month or so. And i think that it's the same color that your wife has. She looks very pretty sitting in it. Your new camera is taking some very nice pictures. And I'm glad that you also like the new Kingsford Briquettes. Keep grilling!

Thanks everyone!

Sent Jo some of your comments to her at work, she said you all are too kind.
Funny, it was cool this morning, low 50's, and she got cold on the way to work, didn't know how to turn on the heater. ;)
We'll be hitting the manual tonight.

Beautiful ride, congrats to the Misses. My CEO always says RTFM when I do something like that with the heater. I always know it is coming.

PS to Mr Lampe, it is StL Cardinals ruby red, not Badger red.
must be the new camera displaying The University of Wisconsin Badgers cardinal RED that I see...
either way, it's a beauty as is Jo Anne!

and the grilled chicken stuff there dude.... did you eet it off the grill or what? :p

Great info. I have no complaints with the new charcoal. Good job on the vehicle. Happy wife, happy life. That's why I drive an 02 Yukon and Kim's '12 Nissan gets to park in the garage!

Back