pcc-smp-k-Thermocouple Jack-Newark is out until the 28th

John Bostwick

TVWBB Wizard
Just as the title states, if you want to do a thermocouple Heatermeter, the jack pcc-smp-k at Newark is out until the 28th. You can buy them from Omega for $20 for 5 of them if desperate.

lol, I saw that too. But, you would have to be crazy to buy at those prices and if you were to but parts for the Heatermeter using that same company Materro(tm), the Heatermeter may cost you $300 dollars for $35 dollars in components. They also sell 4-way switches for $5.91 + $7.00 shipping. They also say they brand named Materro, although they are made by ALPs.

Insult? huh no you did not insult me. No, that company sure does though, lol.

I have been looking for alternatives for many different parts that Mouser or Newark seem to run out of on a constant basis.

The Thermocouple jack can basically be bought by Newark or Omega. Newark price is not bad unless you are buying just one and the shipping can be as or more then the part. Omega, you need to buy in either 5,20,50,100 packages. only the 100 packages match the per unit price of Newarks $2.05. I have not, even Ebay, found any other alternative. The switch on the other hand can be atleast found, for the time being at other websites and sold at a fair price. But, like Byran has said the Heatmeter will soon be going back to 4 buttons, as the 4-way switch is getting harder to get, luckily I have a good supply built up of those.

Back