Newbie questions

ScottS

afternoon. I am very interested in either building my own heatermeter or buying a prebuilt one. A few questions:

1- with the kit on http://heatermeter.myshopify.com/ is everything soldered or will i need to solder? I will most likely purchase without the thermocouple pcb
2- if i decide to not do the kit does anyone have a finished product i could purchase? I would like to just purchase the completed heatermeter, i will supply probes
3- the main use i would use it for would be remote temp monitoring, i wouldn't use the fan function, does this pose any problems?

anything else i need to be aware of as a newbie?

thanks

1 - Nope it is a kit. Just a bag of parts and a circuit board, like in the picture where everything is just in a pile.
2 - I don't prebuild kits (well one every few months to test the components I am getting) but someone around the forums might be able to build one.
3 - It works just fine without the control portion if you just want to monitor.

If your looking to have one built, hit up John Bostwick on the forums here. He built me one and I couldn't be happier. He's also in IL like you which is a plus.

I've got a 2nd complete unit built up and ready to go if you are in a hurry to get one. I PM'd you the details and pics.

Back