Extreme noobish question, how can I tell if my fan is working?

Dom D

I bought the hardware for a 4.0 version last year and have finally gotten the time to assemble it all. It seems to be working fine, but the documentation on how to wire up the fan confused me a bit. I bought the recommended blower fan (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BFB0612H/603-1117-ND/1014448), and as the directions said, I cut off one end of an RCA cable, ran the internal wire to the red lead, and the external to the black lead, soldered, and taped it up. Is this all I have to do? Is there some way to test the fan from the UI? It doesn't seem to have spun yet, and I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. Thanks in advance for the help.

Obligatory pic:

19I5TQHW9XVcgVABaTU7toKOoT0cBmaDD0TdzmoPVspIu3oUmDJ6adSyk7Mxw9HRlyj7HoJjkQI=w1896-h859

Last edited:
Your wiring sounds correct.

In the web interface, set the target temp to -50 and the fan should be at 50%

Set it again to -100 and the fan should be at 100%

Set the target back to any non negative number to exit manual mode

Your wiring sounds correct.

In the web interface, set the target temp to -50 and the fan should be at 50%

Set it again to -100 and the fan should be at 100%

Set the target back to any non negative number to exit manual mode

Thanks for the advice, but I think the problem is something else. The HM Web UI shows that my fan is firing off at 100%, but it's not spinning. I guess I'll play with it some more, perhaps see if the RCA jack for the blower isn't soldered well. Any other ideas?

Set your HM to blow at 100% (as described above, in recent LinkMeter versions you can just type 100% as well) then measure the voltage on the blower wires with a multimeter would be a good place to start. Check your Min Max and Startup Max settings in your HM config as well, 0, 100, 100 respectively is best for testing the blower....

Back