I'm not a steak sauce fan but....

Jeff Holmes

TVWBB Super Fan
I tease my wife that I'm offended when she uses A1 on my steaks. I can understand when I mess up and she needs to disquise the flavor, but I surely don't understand why you would take a perfectly good steak and ruin it.

Enter this stuff....I'm now a convert. This stuff is like crack in a bottle. I can't get enough of it. I use it not only on steaks, my wife put it on my lunch meat sammich for lunch and tonight I put it on my gas grilled burgers.

Our nearest Weber dealer is an hour and a half away. He has the full line if Weber products, a lot of unique kitchen items, spices , rubs, etc. he also run a steakhouse in the back. The last time we were there, my wife asked for steak sauce. The waitress went to the back and then walked out in the store and grabbed a bottle. A few seconds later she brought my wife a little container of steak sauce. Expecting A1, my wife tried it anyway. She didn't like it. I tried it and wound up dipping my roll in it so as not to waste any. After we ate, I went over and grabbed a bottle. I practically drink this stuff from the bottle.

Just thought I'd share....

Last edited:
I don't know how to explain it. Strong flavor but not over-poweing or harsh. It does have some spicy burn later in the meal which I wouldn't have noticed when you first start eating. Their website has some other interesting products id like to try.

I'm pretty cheap and would have never paid that for any steak sauce. As much as I like it, it doesn't bother me now...

Last edited:
Jeff;
I notice that you are from Southern Ohio. I'm from just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. Where do you get the sauce? That looks good!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Ingredients:
Distilled Vinegar
Water
Canola Oil
Brown Sugar
Onion Salt
Onion Powder
Mustard Flour
Black Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Spices
Xanthan Gum
Natural Flavoring

The other direction... Charleston, WV....

Pretty cool store...I've great steaks there and eh, not too bad. But, once you figure out how to make a good steak at home, very few live up to our expectations.

The shape of the bottle and style and typeface of the label remind me of other sauces I've used, but they carried a different name. Does the label say "manufactured for Robert Rothschild"? If so, it might be a private label sauce available elsewhere under other names.

Jeff;
I looked at their website and, would you believe it, there are three stores in this area that handle it. I believe I'll give it a try.

Thanks for sharing with us...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I still use A-1. Might be because I got used to my Dad's steaks. You know, black on the outside, white in the middle. Still eat it that way.

It looks as though it's produced by them. The color looks familiar but the flavor is new to me and very unique.

That's cool you found it locally.

Thanks for posting the other label shots, Jeff. I'll try to remember to pick some up when I'm in southern Ohio next August.

Whattaya know,there is a store 3 miles from my house that sells it AND it's sold at Earth Fare where we buy all our yummy steaks! I'll have to see if Pammi Claus will let me get some for my stocking! ;)

Back