high temp paint?

Mickey M

Closed Account
Does high temp paint, auto engine paint for example, do anything for a mini WSM other than make it prettier?

Would a few coats help insulate the smoker from outside temperatures? I mean I'm sure it does to some extent but if it makes only a negligible difference, I won't bother. I don't really care if the smoker is "pretty,' I just care about function.

Allow me to rephrase. Is high temp painting of a mini WSM an aid to insullating these smokers OR is it purely cosmetic?

Both, maybe?

I can't see how the paint, no matter how many coats, could really help insulate the mini. My vote is that the paint is purely cosmetic...:cool:

Paint isn't what makes my mini amazing, it's the 3 times world series winner emblem on my that makes it the best mini ever

Dude, you posted the first time at 12:21 and your follow- up at 12:21!

.. I don't know the answer...;)

Is there some prohibition against posting a follow up question a half day later?

Or is it possible you just didn't notice?

Dude, one was 12:21am, the other was 12;21pm, a full 12 hours later.

Any other interesting observations? :)

The devil is in the details, dude.

Last edited:
No, I do the same thing. I thought it was funny/ironic/cool all in one. I think the translation was lost in cyber space.

No, I do the same thing. I thought it was funny/ironic/cool all in one. I think the translation was lost in cyber space.

Nah man, it wasn't lost in cyber space. It was lost on me. I tend to be stupidly defensive at times. I apologize for my tone.

No big deal, man, it could have been taken either way after I retread it. One of the disadvantages of the digital age.....no body language, facial expressions or tone of voice to see.

Back