New Performer Deluxe question..lid bale

Brian Corey

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know if the holes in the kettle are different locations now than on earlier performers? I was wondering if the holder has been configured differently or the holes are in a different spot. Anyone with insight know?

Thanks!

It will be interesting to see if many people upgrade to the new performer deluxe given the changes. I just got lucky and learned about the new ones when I finally decided to get my first performer. The metal table is very nice also.

It will be interesting to see if many people upgrade to the new performer deluxe given the changes. I just got lucky and learned about the new ones when I finally decided to get my first performer. The metal table is very nice also.

I know of the metal table, new lid bale that puts the lid at about 90% to the bowl, and timer integrated into the gas ignitor. Is that pretty much it for the substantive (significant) changes? If so, then I can't see people ditching their already-perfectly-working units and spending $300+ for just these upgrades. Personally I'll wait for one to hit CL.

My current Performer will give me plenty years of reliable service while I wait for one of the 2015s at < $150 on CL. :cool: I can wait.

<snip> If so, then I can't see people ditching their already-perfectly-working units and spending $300+ for just these upgrades.

I'm hoping lots of folks DO dump there old performers onto CL -- I've been watching for a nearby Performer for a while with no luck.

-Tom in SoCal

I know of the metal table, new lid bale that puts the lid at about 90% to the bowl, and timer integrated into the gas ignitor. Is that pretty much it for the substantive (significant) changes? If so, then I can't see people ditching their already-perfectly-working units and spending $300+ for just these upgrades. Personally I'll wait for one to hit CL.

My current Performer will give me plenty years of reliable service while I wait for one of the 2015s at < $150 on CL. :cool: I can wait.

Other differences I know of are the rubber wheels (mentioned below), the heavier gourmet grate (has the removable center for other add-ones), and the new one is a bit taller but I think that might just be due to the updated lid/handle.

Michael

The wheels seem pretty good - no issues. I use my grill in the front driveway, so the wheels will be used every time I pull it in/out of the garage (few times / week). Overall, the whole thing seems heavier duty than I expected. However, this is my first performer so I don't really have a good perspective on comparing to the prior year models.

Back