New addition to the WGA....3/8" rod SS Grill Grates

Jason_P

TVWBB Member
Hey all,

you may remember I reached out to that guy on eBay to make the SS flavorizer plate for the WGA-gas, which turned out awesome and I know some of you picked up. He and I worked on a SS grill grate for the WGA, which I just received from him on Saturday. I came up with the basic design and with fitment dimensions. I opted to design it as a split grate much like the CI grate offered by Craycort. Once I handed over the design, he worked his magic with 3/8" stainless rods to make it a reality. I had to make the final cut (angle grinder with a cutting disc) on the corner radius since he doesn't have access to a WGA and I wanted to ensure a perfect fit. As you'll see from below it turned out awesome! Can't want to get some cooks on them. =)

IMG_3366.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3369.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for the comments guys. The guy that made them wants me to put a few cooks on it first to ensure its works well on the WGA before he decides whether to offer them up as one of his normal offerings. I hope to get a first cook on them this weekend. I have been oiling them up and getting some heat cycles on them to prep them for their first cook.

This is awesome. How much would a grate like this cost for a Kettle? 22.5"

This is a darn good question. I'll ask to see what he thinks.

Have you done any cooks on it yet? 4 day weekend coming up, eh-ehhh? Is the guy you worked with RCPlanebuyer (did I spell that right?) ? I live a few cities from him and would love to meet with him to see about making 18.5" grills for my Squat (Jumbo Joe), hoping the price isn't too high. He makes some seriously high quality stuff.

I was reading some reviews of the new gas go anywhere on amazon and nobody really seems happy with the new grates. I haven't seen how they do it butttttt........ I also have the old go anywhere but don't cook on it enough to spend any $$$ on it...I'd rather get a Q

Thanks for the comments guys. The guy that made them wants me to put a few cooks on it first to ensure its works well on the WGA before he decides whether to offer them up as one of his normal offerings. I hope to get a first cook on them this weekend. I have been oiling them up and getting some heat cycles on them to prep them for their first cook.

This is a darn good question. I'll ask to see what he thinks.

Back