Crispy Spares, 1/2 chimney Kbb, 1.75 hr. cook using roti on a Red MT

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
StL spare ribs, skirt etc with Tender Quick to cure for a couple of days.
Results of that later, I hope.
IMGP1251.JPG

The setup, 1/2 chimney Kbb split between two baskets, hickory for smoke.
Bottom vents half open.
IMGP1253.JPG

The slab, with a tip far right.
IMGP1257.JPG

First time cooking on my recent addition, a 1999 Master Touch.
I call it Stan, in honor of The Man, on this day that the Cardinals clinched their division.
IMGP1259.JPG

One hour later, hood running 350.
IMGP1261.JPG

Sipping Jim Beam and kettle watching.
IMGP1268.JPG

One hour and forty five minutes later, did and done.
note, after one hour the temp had dropped to 200 and held for the duration.
IMGP1265.JPG

IMGP1266.JPG

Passing the bend test.
IMGP1267.JPG

Plated up, no sauce for me.
IMGP1274.JPG

Results:
Crispy outside, tender inside, with the smaller ones being fall off the bone.
A little drier than usual, but done so fast they were held in a warm oven for an hour.
Less smoky than usual, but my hickory caught fire, next time I'll use wood chips in a foil pack.

My wife and I thought they were excellent, and loved the crispness and flavor.
Credit goes to Mike at DCD:
http://www.dadcooksdinner.com/2009/06/rotisserie-spareribs-dry-rubbed.html

I say give this high heat method a try, at least once, with or without a rotisserie.

Beautiful pics and post, Bob!
You hooked me with the ribs and sealed the deal with "Sipping Jim Beam and kettle watching." :cool:
Did the Redhead come with the roti set-up?

Looking good Bob never seen ribs done that way before, will have to wait awhile until I get a roti setup for the performer, but I will give it a try.
Nice rainbow of kettles you got there.

Great looking cook Bob!!! I don't think you can compare HH ribs to low and slow,its not better or worse its just different.

Looks great Bob. I like the snap shots too, nice. Are they hiring at the back deck/patio for kettle watchers? I think I could be pretty good at that! Thanks for sharing :)

Thats the way (uhu uhu) I like it....Really neat looking bones Bob! Love new ways to look at things. 10/10!

Fantastic Looking Ribs Robert!!
And That Red Grill Really Steals The Show... Until You Reveal That Awesome Pork!!

Great looking ribs, Bob. Your plate shot is wonderful. Sure looks delicious. A very sincere good luck to your Cardinals vs. those Dodgers! I'll be pulling for them with you.

Back