LCD diplay

Shane Woessner

TVWBB Member
Is it possible to easily make the LCD display upside down? In otherwords I'd like to have my display on the bottom the button on top with the temp probes coming out the left side. Its no big deal really just wondering if it could be done. With my stick burner it just works out better with the controller on the left side.

You could use a ribbon cable to attach it and put a flip in the cable, but it wouldn't fit in the standard case.

Either all of them or none of them. You want pin 1 on the HeaterMeter to go to pin 1 on the LCD. Depending on how you orient each, you may want a flip or not. It doesn't matter if you attach to the top or bottom of the LCD, as long as you match the pins up.

Yeah sorry Bryan I should have read your initial response better. I am looking to flip the text in a mounted display-(not in a printed case), just something I am working on. Yes if not already mounted I can just flip the display itself

Oh no you can't flip the characters, they're generated by the "character generator rom" which only goes the one direction. As it is ROM you can't overwrite it either.

Back