Roll Call, Who's Smoking?

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Put a 10# butt on the 22.5" at 4am. Skies just opened up but the big boy is under cover and cruising along. Doing some beans and mac&cheese later and an eye of round roast to be sliced for lunch during the week.
Happy Labor day!

Tim

I did a 9.5 pounder yesterday, and it turned out awesome. We had a couple of showers, but it had no effect on my smoke. Leftovers today!

Just three Beer Can Chix today. One with bbq rub, one with a cranberry glaze and cranberry salsa on side, and one with an asian marinade and a peanut sauce on side. All smoked with a few chunks of apple wood.

I'm really the slacker, here. Last night I did a couple of rather nice chuck eye steaks.They had great beefy flavor and both my wife and I really liked them. They WERE a bit chewy (as you would expect from chuck eye steaks) but not really tough. There was very little gristle or unnecessary fat. All in all, a VERY good experience!
We saved enough to have a steak salad for lunch today.

They were frozen, then just partially thawed (by choice), reverse seared, with a VERY nice crust. Seasoned with Weber's Chicago Steak Seasoning for about a half hour before they hit the Performer. They were grilled to medium rare.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

1 #10lb Kardashian 1 #9lb picnic 2 racks of baby backs potato salad cukes and vidalias baked beans on the weber gasser and hush puppies. A nice Tarheel Labor Day.

Nothing today but did 17.5 lbs pulled pork overnight cook on my kettles for a party Saturday. If you want to see the results, pics are in the photo gallery thread. Have fun on you smokes today.:cool:

Cold ribs and chicken from yesterdays smoke on the boat.

I try not to labor on Labor Day.

Put a 10# butt on the 22.5" at 4am. Skies just opened up but the big boy is under cover and cruising along. Doing some beans and mac&cheese later and an eye of round roast to be sliced for lunch during the week.
Happy Labor day!

Tim

7.5lb Butt with Stubbs and Applewood.

I just got the temp stabilized at 275 on the Mini about 45 minutes ago.

Lookin out the window at the thin blue smoke is making me happy.

I smoked an 8# pork butt yesterday. Put it on at 0730...ran the WSM at 330-350 degrees, no water in the pan, 3 chunks of apple wood with KBB. Hit 165 around 1430. I foiled it and put it back on until about 1530 - read 199 degrees. Probed it but decided to leave it until it read 205 degrees and probe tender throughout (around 1630). Rested in cooler for an hour then pulled it.

It was my best one yet - I was a bit more generous with the seasonings and I think that was the difference. Just used kosher salt, turbinado sugar, granulated onion and garlic. I put pineapple juice in the drip pan under the butt - it was diluted about 50% with water. The meat drippings and pineapple juice mixed in with the pork were great!

Happy Labor Day everyone!

I put a pork butt and two chickens on at 7:00am CST. Chickens are already off. Made some Alabama white and Georgia Brown sauce for the dinner tonight. Making my grandmothers macaroni salad and some honey cornbread.

Smoking a 12lb brisket on the 22in wsm today. Using some white oak and will be wrapping in butcher paper. Had a problem with my maverick, tip broke off of one of my probes inside the sending unit. I took it apart and had to drill a small hole in the plastic female port in order to remove the broken tip. Looks like I will be ordering a new probe.

Have a coffee rub pork loin wrapped in bacon with a pan of beans under it on the mini. Have pork shoulder for later in the week and a turkey breast for the upcoming weekend.

cabbage & brats

LD14b.jpg

Did my first PSB on Saturday. Replaced the jalapeños with 1/2 cup of green chile (this is NM after all). Man that was good! I'll be doing that recipe again. Went to the local Smith's today and found a 2.5 lb Bone-in NY strip roast on sale for $14.00. That'll be going on the Performer in just a little bit.

Brined and rubbed a 14 pound turkey. The WSM is heating up now. Using the CB Rotisserie for a high heat cook. Will baste and make a gravy underneath. Mashed and local corn for sides.....

Summer is back here in New England! Enjoy your day everyone!!

Nice report Men!
I always foil my butts, but I'm resisting the urge this time. 10.5hrs in and it's almost probe tender running at 300 measured at the top vent. I got time so I'll let it ride and enjoy a (new to me) brew. Dale's Pale Ale, quite tasty!

Tim

Back