River Country thermometer to replace stock

G Parker

Hello,
I'm looking through the River Country replacement thermometers for my 18.5" WSM. Any idea if the stock mounts have the 1/2 or 1/4 inch npt mounts? Thanks for any advice.

On their site they say 1/4" NPT (National Pipe Thread) on the therm and that it requires a 1/2" hole.
You won't be able to use the Weber bezel because RC's smallest diameter is 2"....the Weber therm is 1-3/4" diameter.

Thanks for the info, so the hole for the stock thermometer is 1/2" and I'll need to order the 1/4" NPT model?

NPT pipe is sized for the inside diameter - hence, needing a 1/2" hole to mount it (1/4" inside and 1/2" outside diameter).

FWIW

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Hello,
I'm looking through the River Country replacement thermometers for my 18.5" WSM. Any idea if the stock mounts have the 1/2 or 1/4 inch npt mounts? Thanks for any advice.

How long did you have wsm before thermometer needed to be changed out?

Just had the smoker 3 months and original still works. It's developed some condensation inside and I know there can be a difference between dome and grate temp but seems like as the temp goes up the difference between it and the Maverick can be as much as 30 degrees. Got hit with a crazy thunderstorm last weekend in the middle of cooking 4 slabs of ribs so the Maverick went in the house, would like something more accurate for a backup.

Back