4.2.4 Board Build and Hardware

Tom Fabrizio

Hi Guys,

I am putting together my first HeaterMeter and I noticed that the mouser parts list doesn't seem to match up with the board silkscreen. I was putting on the Q1, Q2, Q4, and Q5 parts and they all say 1700-3302E on the flat side while the IC4 part says BS170. The silkscreen seems to say the opposite. Should I follow the silkscreen?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Guys,

I am putting together my first HeaterMeter and I noticed that the mouser parts list doesn't seem to match up with the board silkscreen. I was putting on the Q1, Q2, Q4, and Q5 parts and they all say 1700-3302E on the flat side while the IC4 part says BS170. The silkscreen seems to say the opposite. Should I follow the silkscreen?

Thanks,
Tom

Strange, the board listed at OSH Park shows MCP1700-33 on IC4 and BS170 on Q1, Q2, Q4 and Q5.

There is only one 3.3v regulator (MCP1700-33), its over by the ATMEGA between the rPi header and the 100uf cap, the rest are MOSFET transistors.... My 4.2.4 boards show BS170 (MOSFET) by all but that one location????

Sorry, I may not have been totally clear. My 4.2.4 board shows BS170 by all of the locations, however, the part listed on Mouser says MCP1700-3302 for those locations.

Sorry, I may not have been totally clear. My 4.2.4 board shows BS170 by all of the locations, however, the part listed on Mouser says MCP1700-3302 for those locations.

Ah, I see what you mean. It's reversed in the saved shopping cart that Bryan created.

j4AhqaKl.png

yep it does say that but its not correct as it only show you are getting one of them in the cart, the BS170 you are getting just below that show it as ic4 and you get 4 of them. the parts are correct in the mouser cart.

Edit: Steve posted pic above my post

Oh, I see what you mean now..... Well, at least you've got the right number of each part.... So put all the BS170 MOSFETS in the spots marked BS170 on the board, and put the single regulator in the spot marked MCP1700-33 on the board.... I'm sure Bryan will note that error in the Mouser cart and correct it....

Well, I went through the cart and changed the quantities due to what I saw for the locations. Bummer...looks like I need to wait until my new order comes in. Thanks for all of your help. Hopefully I will be able to pull this off.

Yeah, oops. The label (customer part #) was wrong, the BS170 and MCP1700 labels were swapped. The wiki and the parts you'd get if you blindly ordered the cart would be fine, but they would have just had the wrong placements printed on the bags.

Sorry about that. I've updated the project to swap the two. Thanks for bringing it up, I'm sure that'll eliminate some confusion for folks down the road.

Back