Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
last Monday after brining a coupla Cornish hens,
I seasoned them with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub & Brazilian Fire Rub

IMG_0171.JPG

every time I use this ▼ 4 gallon bucket for brining,
I think of TVWBB member Chuck Dugas & his wonderfully lovely wife Jeanette

IMG_0169.JPG

it's a GREAT bucket Chuck, Thanks again!
after seasoning the baby birds, I went out to set up the 22" WSM with the GARY SMOKE RACK

IMG_0184.JPG

...and on with the birds.

IMG_0187.JPG

apple wood inside there for smoke...

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

after an hour or so...

IMG_0193.JPG

the hens were removed to rest a bit before I tore into them...

IMG_0196.JPG

then served with patty pans and zucchini on rice with sautéed onions

IMG_0198.JPG

tasty indeed! then last night, I sliced up some Yukons into Hasselbacks and tossed those into a 375º oven

IMG_0202.JPG

earlier in the week, I decided to take back some of the back yard... cleared out a little...

IMG_0208.JPG

...with lots more to go.

IMG_0209.JPG

any way... found some chuck eyes on sale (the ad said 4.49, I actually paid 4.99)
still a deal when the regular price these days is 5.99 to 6.99. Seasoned them up with Stubb's Beef Rub

IMG_0210.JPG

and on the 22"OTG with Craycort cast iron grates

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

quick cookin' here, 'bout 3 minutes each side

IMG_0218.JPG

then served up with the Hasselbacks and garden green beans with more sautéed onions...

IMG_0221.JPG

man-o-man, I love Chuck Eyes!

IMG_0224.JPG

Thanks for stoppin' by!

You always eat like a King Lampe! And your cooks inspire. Your garden is a visit in it´s self i tell ya. Been looking for a way to get to your place while plowyng thru the east cost.(thru St. Louis) Seems like we need more then 3 weeks though :p But i will figure it out bro. Next year!

Great Looking meals! I love seeing hanging birds, takes me back to Kauai and their BBQ joint Chicken in a Barrel.

No wonder you cook as much as you do, that's a huge yard to maintain! Prolly work up a big ol' appetite keeping it up
I really like that hanger you have, I gotta make me one of those
As always, some beautiful cooks

I gotta say you do know your way around a grill Jim, those are great looking cooks. Love Chuck Eyes but can't find them here very often.

That's a nice looking yard you've got there it looks great! Sure glad it's yours and not mine though!

Jim that is some awesome looking food another great job. :rolleyes: Very nice looking yard but the weeding you can have!!!!

thanks folks :)

You always eat like a King Lampe!
no, not always Daniel... ;)

Jim, do you make one of those racs for the 18.5 WSM? If so what do you charge?
Steve, I could make another, but it's cheaper to buy the NEW Weber 7472 Expandable Smoking Rack

What are planning for the extra space? Garden?
no more garden space Tim... we already have a 24' x 24' garden...
think i'm halfway now... just came in to drink beer. HEY! Maybe a BEER GARDEN!

halfwayJuly252014.jpg

here's the garden Tim... right in front of the open new lot

garden1July252014.jpg

garden2July252014.jpg

I can see you're working the yard as hard as the grills....nicely done Jim. How do you get your hasselbacks so perfect?

Cooks look great , yard looks great , garden looks great. The chuck eyes are especially good looking.

Love those hanging birds! I need to figure out a hanging setup for my performer, and dissipate the heat. Haven't stepped into the realm of wsm yet....

I see Jim! You got a nice sanctuary back there! Love the garden. Deer must love it! Looks like I can hang my tree stand just on the edge of the field?

sorry Tim... although there are many deer in the area, in the 24 years I've been here... seen deer in the yard twice.
and i'm not blind.

Back