Electronics Help Please

Peter SC

I am trying to repair my microwave. There is a ribbon like electrical connector going between two parts of the circuit board which has a bad connection. I need help identifying it. I do not even know what to call it. I tried to upload a pic to the thread, but I do not have the access to do that on this website.
Hopefully, if I can get the part identified I will then be able to buy it from mouser.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Brian,

Yes, that was it. Thank you very much. Problem is that when I took the microwave apart more to identify it, I realized that one end fits into a connector and the other is actually an integral part of the key pad. So, I will not be able to replace it. The only problem with it is that a bit of the conducting material has rubbed off of the plastic at one point. End result is that it only makes occasional contact. It looks like I could paint on some metallic conducting paint to fix the problem. Do you know if such a product exists?

Thanks,

Peter

You might be able to find a product locally called wire glue. (Walmart, Home Depot) I've used that in the past to repair pads of resistive switches. Or you can try making your own version with graphite and glue. Maybe find some metallic powder/paint that's conductive in the paint aisle.

Thanks to all! Went to RadioShack and bought some "BARE conductive Electric Paint." Only ten dollars (they had a fancier version for $20). Microwave is now working like a charm.

Peter

Well done, I wish my missus would break things in a way that meant they were repairable. Usually she sets them on fire... First a washer dryer, then a microwave, then an iron... Lots of smoke!

Back