how often do you use your WSM?

Ben R

TVWBB Member
So im new to the low and slow bbq and am loving it!!! in fact i cant stop using it, and that got me thinking how often are you all using your smokers? daily? weekly? monthly? please dont say yearly :( please no....... any way just wondering if im not alone or i should start seeking help!

Since May, I was using mine every weekend but since my ATC is being fixed and vacation starting tomorrow, last weekend was be my last smoke until weekend of the 26th when I go back to weekend smokes. I would smoke something after I come back from vacay but there is a rib fest in town that weekend that I will be attending with the family.

Dave

Probably twice a month for me. It cooks so efficiently. I love not having to add fuel during the cook and being able to do long cooks.

I use my WSM 2-3 times per month, probably. But, I use my kettles, too. So, I'm cooking outdoors probably 2 or 3/wk on average. Anything less than that and I start going through withdrawals :).

Bought it just over a year ago and have used it at least once a week since, often twice. Suffice to say this has been quite the growing hobby/obsession, my wsm is possibly my most favourite thing that I own.

I'm new to this and would like to smoke more often. Right now I have done baby back ribs and pulled pork. What other things are you guys cooking if you do it every weekend? I was thinking of doing chicken thighs but I read good/bad reviews about cooking them because of the way the skin comes out.

Kevin if you can cook it you probably can smoke it
ribs
Beef ribs
short beef ribs
meatloaf
Big chucks pulled beef
chops
chicken (any cut)
turkey
turkey legs
nuts
ABT's
make your own bacon
the list goes on
use your imagination with the things you like and go for it
Thats the great thing about BBQ and the WSM and kettle the combinations are endless

I feel I am above average on most smokers only because I find it easier to cook something with it and it is better tasting. I use my smoker every weekend, fri,sat,sunday and sometimes even in the middle of the week. Every week I cook ribs, chicken and usually something else like brats, hot dogs, pulled pork, brisket ect. My wife loves this because not only do we have left overs but it limits the amount she truly has to cook.

I usually smoke every Saturday, sometimes on Friday if I get home early from work. I usually smoke a lot of food and take leftovers to work for lunch.

Easily I use it 2-3x a week unless something comes up. In those cases its atleast once a week. Given the price on beef and pork and charcoal I have cut back. I used to smoke 5+ a week.

Back