Who Else has a Ranch Kettle?

Jim Bounds

TVWBB Fan
I've been lurking on this site for awhile and love it! Great resource. I own many Webers and my pride and joy is the Weber Ranch Kettle purchased in 2006. Besides grilling, i do a lot of smoking on it. Searching this site it appears that not many 'enthusiast' own the Ranch Kettle. So this is a call out for pictures and owners of Ranch Kettles and the magic that you work on this versatile beast!

PS: After many years of smoking on my Ranch, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 22.5" WSM from Cabelas (used up my points!). I also ordered the expandable rack and some hooks from PBC for cooking variety on the WSM. I agonized over the decision, but the draw of not tending the temps on the ranch finally led me down the path. The WSM arrives today!

Welcome Jim! I do not own a ranch kettle, but have been keeping an eye open for a good deal on a used one.

Welcome to the site Jim, can't wait for you to try out that WSM and we need another Jim around here anyway.

Jim.
Congratulations on your new WSM.
I'd love to see some pictures of your Weber Ranch Kettle. I'd love to have one of those bad boys in my garage.

Breaking in the new 22.5" WSM last night. Dry run in wet weather. Left vents wide open and easily hit 300F

Anxious to break it in with Ribs this weekend!

I have a ranch. Don't use it a lot, but it was worth the cost when I do. I could only find one pic in use, kabobs for my brothers wedding:

ranch_zps2d642d35.jpg

We use it for family gatherings on holidays and for party's.

Nice! I bought mine b/c my wife wanted to cater a graduation party and i said i'll save the money and buy the Ranch. I use mine all the time. One load of charcoal and lots of space to cook an entire meal at once. Don't know how I managed on a 22" for so many years b/c the ability to transfer food around is crazy.

Interesting thread and looking forward to more replies and pictures. Thanks for starting Jim and welcome to the site.

I had one for a couple of weeks. I bought it with a small ding in the lid for $200 to sell. I was actually hoping it would not sell but I also knew that if I bought it for myself my wife would have killed me. It sold and I made some money but I still wish I had it.

As George Takei would say, "Oh my." Those are some impressive cooks.
I'd need to build a grilling shed just to hold it. . . Ha, I'm building one of those next year anyhow. Maybe, just maybe if I wish real hard the Weber fairy will bring me one.

This is from Friday. Had a party for one of my daughters for her return to America! Over 50 people. Continuous burger; dog; and, chicken machine.

I'm checking CL every day for one of these bad dogs.
It may mean that I'll have to sleep in the garage for a while, but I think It'd be worth it.

I have one. Got it off of craigslist. The space can't be beat. Plenty of room for ribs, chicken wings, and a CI oven full of beans.

Excellent pic of why the Ranch Kettle is the best tool for large meals and large crowds or for 2 people with lots of different food.

That's one big cooking machine. I'd love to have one, but I guess it isn't going to happen in this lifetime. lol

as someone else on here noticed, there's a ranch kettle on CL in ann arbor, MI, been reduced in price again, now down to $490.

Back