New Project: Genesis Silver

GGross

TVWBB Pro
I'm trying to locate the model number and serial number but can not find the placard, anyone know where that would be?

I would like to know the exact part to get for the crossover burner, I may be able to salvage the main burners but the crossover is literally gone, rusted out.

Last month, I tried to order just the crossover burner for a Spirit, and was told by Weber rep they no longer sell them separately. I had to get the entire burner assembly. It included the 3 main burners and the crossover.

If you can figure out your part number.....something like this isn't too hard on the wallet.

1z724aa.jpg

Thanks for all the responses I did get this grill cleaned up and I used the fuel gauge on my Genesis Gold which is my primary grill. I'm still contemplating what to do with this Silver but have it all cleaned up and as I was checking it out last night when I noticed as ash like material in the bottom of the fire pit. The fire pit while still in sound shape does have some pitting but I figured that was from it reacting with all the piled up crud that was in it when I got it. So I'm wondering what it's reacting with just the air? It's almost like cigarette ash. I washed with a power washer no chemicals just water.

Maybe I just need to spray it down with vegetable oil to get a coat of something on it. Or start using it to build up grease layer but it needs burner, FB's and drip pan so I'm just not sure if it's worth investing in if it is pitting

Cleaned up cook box, painted manifold and put in Weber burners. I went with Weber burners $45 at Home Depot.

Back