Thermometer bezel sizes?

Dale Nichols

TVWBB Super Fan
I just called Weber and asked about the difference between the 18 and the 22 inch bezel. He did not know but the bezel's are a different part numbers and so are the thermometer's. For those of you who have both can you tell me the difference. Is the diameter of the thermometer different or bezel style? I think I want to add one to a old 18 with a tel tru BBQ 100. Maybe Joe F will stop bye.

I just called Weber and asked about the difference between the 18 and the 22 inch bezel. He did not know but the bezel's are a different part numbers and so are the thermometer's. For those of you who have both can you tell me the difference. Is the diameter of the thermometer different or bezel style? I think I want to add one to a old 18 with a tel tru BBQ 100. Maybe Joe F will stop bye.
Here's what I've noticed...

There is a low profile, smooth bezel for 1-3/4" dial face. (63027)
I have seen this bezel on the current kettles and 18.5 WSM's
This group looks nicely in scale on a 22.5" kettle as well.
I prefer this bezel.

There is also a higher profile, fluted bezel for 1-3/4" dial face.
I've seen this one on the 22.5 WSM's and some previous model year kettles.
When Weber reported the different part numbers the difference is likely due to the fluted bezel and probably a longer stem on the therm because of the taller bezel.

And I've seen some fluted bezels on the big gassers that are for 2-3/8" dial face.
These are big when they're paired up.

Dale, if you want to update an older 18.5 WSM use the 63027 bezel and a 1-3/4" face diameter therm of your choice.
You will have a nice, OEM look with that recipe.

Last edited:
Do you have the correct bezel number? I am trying to add a thermometer to my Weber Kettle Grill.
I was going to keep it secret but it's listed in the post above and I've posted a detailed how-to therm install on a 18.5 WSM just recently.4 threads down, under "4 inch stem"
Someone was asking about therm stem length.
All parts used are identified with part numbers.

Last edited:

Back