Weber Style Stainless Steel Barbecue Rack

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
6198P4R96IL_SL1500__zps446fc122.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FLRBK4M/tvwb-20

I was reviewing some Weber marketing materials and noticed this new accessory for 2014 that I was not aware of. It's a convertible rib/roast rack. When placed one way, the cross bars make it a roast rack, as shown in this photo, and when the cross bars are flipped the other way, it's a rib rack. And removing the cross bars makes cleaning easier. Looks like it only fits on 22.5" grills or larger.

Anyone have this? Any reviews?

I just got the Weber Style Roast Rack. Main reason is that I HATE cleaning the basic wire style roasting racks and rib racks. I love the removable wire sections on this one that can be laid flat, left to soak in a bowl, and actually scrubbed with a pad. I'm not a stickler for getting grill stuff sparkling clean, but it takes me half an hour of tedious scrubbing just to get the food bits off the original roasting rack or rib rack.

The one potential drawback is that this thing is huge. The base is sized to sit on top of a 9 x 13 inch roasting pan. No problem with a drip pan below the grate. But, might be tough to put it directly on a roasting pad to collect the drippings, like from a chicken to make a sauce. I would sit it on top of a half size stainless steel baking sheet. Might be able to bend the sides of a 9x13 foil baking pan out enough to hold it.

Back