Burgers on the Smokey Joe

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
I got the Smokey Joe for my birthday last October, and tonight was the first night I had a chance to pull it out.
With that being said, it's not going to be a half a year before I use her again.

ry%3D480

This came from Amazon on Tuesday (ordered using the TVWBB link) If you didn't get one yet do so. It's great.

Anyhow, I was inspired so I busted out the the mini charcoal starter, and got the little guy going.
ry%3D480

I moved it to the Performer's grates because I was afraid of messing up the table top.
ry%3D480

Now that I'm hooked on the SJ for those little jobs I'm thinking about ordering the SJ table. I'm sure there are people on the forum that has one, and I'm wondering how they like it.

SUCCESS!!
ry%3D480

Something about grilling out, even when it was bitter cold and I was out grilling at least one neighbor would eventually show up to see what was cooking.
I'm a firm believer that grilling brings a neighborhood together.

With the kids gone and only the two of us, the Smokey Joe is the perfect size for a couple of steaks or a few burgers. This winter when the snow was flying and the wind howling, the SJ was parked under the awning of the porch out of the wind.

With the kids gone and only the two of us, the Smokey Joe is the perfect size for a couple of steaks or a few burgers. This winter when the snow was flying and the wind howling, the SJ was parked under the awning of the porch out of the wind.

I'm in the same boat. I'm liking the SJ more all the time to cook for me and sweetie. But I have to confess , when the snow was flying and the wind was howling I was parked on the couch hollering " what are we havin for dinner , hon?"

oh , and those burgers look wonderful. Nice work.

Excellent burgers and brew....I scratched my performer table with my smokey joe. :(

I use my smoky joe on the patio table and I put a square of 1/4 inch plywood under it. Works well. You could set it right on the performer grate. Nice and stable...just a thought.

I'm in total agreement, this is the perfect "Quick Weekday Dinner" charcoal grill. I have a large family, and I can also see having the Performer fired up with Country Fair Sausages, the WSM running a few pork butts, the gasser doing the sides, and the SJ doing some cool starters when they all come over.
Something like a bacon wrapped gut grenades would be perfect on the little guy.

Thanks everyone. I think it's going to snow tomorrow, so I may bust it out just to give the weather the finger.

Nice cook. I'm really wrestling with which of the "smokey" family should I grab. And yup.......it's snowing here this morning :(

I have both the 14" Smokey Joe and the 18" Jumbo Joe. To be honest, I almost always pick the Jumbo Joe, even if I'm just cooking for my wife and me. The extra 4" gives me the ability to cook with temp zones. Zones are very important; I like rare, she likes medium :) .

I think if I was to get one it'd be the Jumbo Joe Big enough to cook almost anything for two people, but small enough to put away.

Nice cook. I'm really wrestling with which of the "smokey" family should I grab. And yup.......it's snowing here this morning :(

I think if I was to get one it'd be the Jumbo Joe Big enough to cook almost anything for two people, but small enough to put away.

if you guys both have a WSM already , you'll find it functions pretty well as a jumbo joe if you just take off the center section and you might add the aluminum lid holder tabs to the legs....I've done it a few times and it works nicely.

692816ed6a0324952e02d311c8790cba_zps95ed5df6.jpg

Back