Help with my Mini issue

Fabian Ochoa

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

After a busy winter schedule I went out too look at my mini to get it ready for this weekend and found this :(

image.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

There was mold all over the inside of the pot and on the cooking grate. My question is it safe to wash it all off & clean it? Or should i just toss it all out and make a new one?

If I am able to clean it, what would be the best method?

Hoping for the best :(

If it was my mini I would scrub and clean with oven cleaner. And leave it looking new. Then do a high heat burn.

But that's just me. Maybe other members have different ideas.

Nooo..... I wouldn't use oven cleaner on aluminum. I think you'll have a difficult time keeping the smoke in after the cleaner eats holes in your pot. :)

Hot soapy water and perhaps some Lysol will make it good as new.

Been there, did this.
Do a high heat burn. Then wash and rinse with soap and water.

Well I took dawn dish washing soap with a red 3M scotch pad. The mold came off easily along with all the seasoning. I will be doing a high head burn on my next days off and go from there.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this? This is the first time it has happened to any of my grills.

Thanks you guys for your input.

Well I took dawn dish washing soap with a red 3M scotch pad. The mold came off easily along with all the seasoning. I will be doing a high head burn on my next days off and go from there.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this? This is the first time it has happened to any of my grills.

Thanks you guys for your input.
When in storage, keep it dry and ventilated.
Mold will thrive in a moist, closed environment.

Back