Q200 for $110?

AnthonyJ

TVWBB Member
would a Q200 priced @ $110 be a good buy?

it is brand new and haven't been used according to the owner. he's claiming its a wedding gift that wasn't put to use.

It's not bad but really only you can answer that one. Price it against the new version (2200) and see. Either way the 200 is a nice product

I think I might just bite the bullet on this one.

The newer versions costs more and have only added the thermometer and others that I think I wouldn't need.

here she is...

20140412_090931.jpg

20140412_090914.jpg

20140412_084943.jpg

20140412_084931.jpg

bought the unit and now will convert it to use a bigger tank.

anybody done this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFp9FyvCbuE
I have a Kenmore tabletop gasser that is factory set up for the little 16 oz cylinders like the Q.
The best conversion method for me was to use a hose that has the "16 oz cylinder" threads on one end and OPD threads on the other.
This way I can quickly switch back to a little green tank if my big tank runs out during a cook.

Let's see some pictures of you getting your new toy dirty!!!

will throw some chicken thighs this coming week....still have to take care of other chores around the house which has taken a lot longer....;)

I have a Kenmore tabletop gasser that is factory set up for the little 16 oz cylinders like the Q.
The best conversion method for me was to use a hose that has the "16 oz cylinder" threads on one end and OPD threads on the other.
This way I can quickly switch back to a little green tank if my big tank runs out during a cook.

yeah, I thought about that.. but, I had 3 tanks to my disposal so I thought it would just be easier.

I didn't want to add any more cylinders to take care of and the hassle of changing it out as it may go out sooner than a bigger tank.

This will be my primary grill for my family and then use the bigger one [weber silver c which I still need to refurb] for when friends come over.

yeah, I thought about that.. but, I had 3 tanks to my disposal so I thought it would just be easier.

I didn't want to add any more cylinders to take care of and the hassle of changing it out as it may go out sooner than a bigger tank.
I didn't want to be married to the big tanks exclusively.
I like to take this little Kenmore camping sometimes, so the 16 oz tank capability is awesome for that.
Plus I have the "Cook Saver" feature of being able to quickly switch out an empty big tank for a 16 ouncer to finish the cook.

YMMV

Back