Sriracha coleslaw

With only 2t of sauce in almost a # of slaw, it seems light on heat (just reading, not trying). IMO.

Yea I just added a few squirts, prolly double to triple that amount and it had a nice kick to me and my Son. I'm curious how it tastes today, if it mellows or gets hotter.

Tim

I make this often as my favorite coleslaw. I suggest you sneak up on the correct amount of srirachi. As it sits in the fridge, the flavor gets stronger.

I make this often as my favorite coleslaw. I suggest you sneak up on the correct amount of srirachi. As it sits in the fridge, the flavor gets stronger.

Yes it does, but in a nice way to me. The heat seemed to stay the same, but the rooster flavor came out more, but still melded with the mayo and ginger.
I think that the ginger adds more pop as it sits also.
Anything you add or do differently Ralph? ( any tips?):)

Tim

Yes it does, but in a nice way to me. The heat seemed to stay the same, but the rooster flavor came out more, but still melded with the mayo and ginger.
I think that the ginger adds more pop as it sits also.
Anything you add or do differently Ralph? ( any tips?):)

Tim

I don't include the ginger but will give it a try. I've also made it with Tabasco instead of Srirachi sauce. It is milder and softer. My family are not big fans of too much heat; though I am.

I would add that the first time I made it, I just added all the ingredients to the bowl with the slaw.
Making the dressing separately (to taste) than adding it to the slaw, makes more sense now.

Tim

Making the dressing separately (to taste) than adding it to the slaw, makes more sense now.

Tim

That's how I did it Tim....I've only seen a few slaw recipes (made it 2-3 times is all), and this is the only one that specifies mixing it first....I think I'll do it like that from now on.

Last edited:
Yea LOL. I'm always in a rush, don't really think about it, just do-it, and if it comes out OK, Yay.

Tim

Back