Saturday Collaboration

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

Earlier in the week last week my wife made a chicken dish using creole mustard as the coating for the bird. It was delicious and the family enjoyed it. I said during dinner, "I bet this would be awesome on the OTG too". So Saturday rolled around and we were busy all day prepping our gardens for planting. Time got away from us and we hadn't prepped anything for dinner. I told her if she would prep the bird I would grill it. I posted some pics of the result below:

Chicken Legs Marinating in Mustard Sauce and an Onion Bloom

Prepping Some Asparagus

Wrapped in Par Cooked Bacon and subsequently Marinated in Mediterranean Marinade

Bird Hitting the Grill Direct

Moved to Indirect and Basted With Mustard Sauce

Asparagus Getting Happy

Plated With Steamed Broccoli

This turned out really well. The family liked it a lot. I will post the recipe for the bird in the Poultry section as soon as I can get my wife to write it down for me. Thanks for looking...

Regards,

John

Very nice collaboration!!! So was the chicken better cooked on the grill??
John are you trying to get me to say that my bird was better than my wife's? I'm not going there...

I would say that the grilled version was different because the mustard sauce set really well and formed a sort of crust. The oven version was moister and the sauce was wetter. Both versions were excellent. It was like getting two completely different dishes with exactly the same ingredients...

Regards,

J

Back