Hello from Alexandria, VA - Probably first Bolivian member

Andrew Luis

TVWBB Fan
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I am Weber addict. :)

It all started with the purchase of my first house. We were looking for a Grill, and it was between Weber and a Char-broil. My parents had a Char-broil and I was never that impressed by them. I didn't understand why the big price difference between the two until I started doing research and seeing the quality of Weber and how it has become a lifestyle for some! I come from a 'modding cars' background...so I knew Weber was my right path!

I purchased my Spirit first, and the Smokey joe second for soccer/NFL games:

j18k.jpg

After being hooked after grill my first perfect steaks...I knew this was going to be an addiction. I've since spent hours and hours lurking this site but this being essentially my first post.

I wanted to get a WSM after reading the rave reviews on Amazon and thanks to the dedicated community it has. Support is everything for me when buying a product both through company and through users.

Since buying my first WSM 18.5, I've collected some gloves, apron, Maverick 733 thermometer, and am finally getting around to breaking her in Harry Soo style.

I've got her fired up right now and am on Phase 1 of Harry's break in method. Tomorrow I will be smoking 2 lbs of Bacon to get her all greased up. :)

ui6l.jpg

Thought I'd say hello formally, and maybe get some tips since I have the smoker running as I type this. :p

Cheers!

Haha. Thanks, Roger.

Thanks to my trusty iPad, I'll have a goooood amount of pictures anytime I do something and decide to post it. :p

And thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Thanks man! It's already an addiction visiting this site and figuring out what to smoke first/what recipe to use.

To kickstart phase 2 tomorrow, I will be smoking normal bacon to get my WSM all greasy. Anyone have any tips on how long I should smoke these guys?

Welcome to the site Andrew.
Hopefully you can share some Bolivian dishes cooked on the weber.....:)

Back