Early Birthday gift to myself - 18.5 WSM

Tyson

TVWBB Super Fan
So I have been looking to get a 18.5 or a 22.5 WSM for a while. After watching craigslist for a used one with no luck and almost gave up, I found a local discount warehouse selling a NEW in box 18.5" WSM. I called and they still had it. I figured since they were selling it for $225 including taxes it was last years model or something.

After I got her home.
20140114_144457.jpg

Turns out it's the newer model with the grommet for temperature probes. I was very happy. :D
20140114_153041.jpg

I am doing a "burn in" right now. Not sure if it is necessary, but I felt like playing with my new toy. I plan to do a pork shoulder/butt ASAP. :wsm:

Update: So I ended up trying a brisket first. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?48343-My-first-cook-on-the-WSM-Brisket&p=522191#post522191

~Tyson

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I just found out my GF is getting me a Thermapen for my B-day gift! :) I'll be sure to take pictures of my first experience, successful or not.

Thanks everyone. I just found out my GF is getting me a Thermapen for my B-day gift! :) I'll be sure to take pictures of my first experience, successful or not.

Wow , you got all you need right there ! Bound to be successful ! Good luck , man. Happy birthday , indeed !

Tyson. Happy Bday, nice weber family. Now go give yourself some ribs and steaks and frosty's.

Don't lift the lid...

Nice present! Happy birthday Tyson!
Would you mind sharing the actual size of the 18" WSM box, please?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry Ivson, the box was picked up with the recycling this morning! It didn't fit in my trunk so it sat in the front seat. My car has a smallish trunk.

Thanks Everyone.

Thermapen and WSM! Your going love both of these, if your new to smoking remember to be patient. This forum has the solution to any problem you could encounter. Have fun

Back