Weber Smoke Peppery Beef Jerky

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I have made this before. It's Peppery Beef Jerky from the book Weber Smoke . I really like this beef jerky. This time instead of slicing my own roast, I found a cpl lbs of London Broil sliced nicely at the grocery.

I kept the temps low by arranging a snake or fuze with hardwood briquettes and Oak wood.

I had a few pieces more than the main grate would hold so I pulled the bottom grate up and positioned it on the top grate handles to make a second level.

I didn't pepper a few pieces for the grand babies to enjoy.

A cpl cook's notes: By getting the sliced London Broil I was able to keep the pieces a bit more uniform which I like. I did have one little dip into the 160* range but stirred the coals and it came right back. More than half the charcoal remains. I snuffed the fire with the vents and will collect it tomorrow when cool.

Last edited:
Dwain those are beautiful, you can tell those are Jerky Extraordinaire. well done. I hope to be doing the venison version this month.

Some very good looking jerky!!! It hard for me to see your graph, were you smoking it in the 175*f range?

Great lookin jerky!! I've been contemplating some jerky and yours is pushing me forward!! Nice work!

Back