Gas Go-Anywhere increasing heat and sear.

Jim W.

TVWBB Fan
Gas Go-Anywhere heat and sear were weak out of the box. I use one as my primary camping grill and am on my second one after wearing the first out.

Finally After ten years of poor searing I found some solutions. It is adjustable!

To increase output, peel the sticker off the valve knob exposing a small philips adjustment screw. Pull off the cooking grate and flavorizer. Light, turn to high. Turn the screw to increase gas flow rate- if you turn it up too high the flames will go out near the valve, so don't over do it. Careful as the screw is easy to strip.

With that change plus adding Craycort cast iron grates my Gril gets very hot and sears well, but still throttles back enough to cook chicken.

Thank you for the advice. I am going to try that as soon as I get home tomorrow. I have an older model also cerca 1999 so my regulator should be the same as yours. I have the craycorts on my performer and I love them but the cost for craycorts on the GAG would be more than I paid for the grill so I’m holding back.

I like the natural heat imbalance between the two sides, it helps doing semi indirect vrs direct. I did some wings last night just for me and they were right on.

Thanks again

i've been tempted to but so far have been fine with it. i didn't expect it to sear so no loss of faith in it yet.
but will keep it in mind if one is not up to even those expectations.

Interesting observation!
I've never had issues searing on my weber lunchbox tho...
I do think the craycorts help. I can easily hit almost 600 at the dome thermo i added:

Thanks Jim for posting this. I just picked up a GGA from a craiglister for $10 and it looks as if it was used maybe 5 or 6 times. I like Michael's temp gauge addition and will probably do that.

Back