New for 2014: Handles on WSM Lower Cooking Grate

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard from a very reliable source that Weber is adding handles to the lower cooking grate for 14.5", 18.5", and 22.5" WSMs for 2014.

That's what I call progressive action,:confused:;):p :rolleyes::eek::eek:or should I say, it's about time:(:p..........................d

I think Weber has come to the conclusion they have to sharpen up their act since they are not getting into the Komado business, better clean up the WSM to give it more appeal. I say great. They have a wonderful cooker, could be improved in some ways so lets get on with it.

Last edited:
I'd like to see something by Weber that would cook my entire meal AND serve it to me AFTER it pours me a neat Martini. :D

How's THAT for a mod...? ;)

I wonder if the new grates will be the new lighter weight ones that seem to be popping up at my local retailers. They are a noticeably thinner gauge metal.

Handles on 2014 WSM?

I have heard from a very reliable source that Weber is adding handles to the lower cooking grate for 14.5", 18.5", and 22.5" WSMs for 2014.

Was going to buy an 18.5",but after reading post from Chris, I'm going to wait. Read from another posting in this forum that there are no changes for the 2014 model.

Will there be handles?

Interesting that many of the mods we've been doing here have finally made it into production. Perhaps Weber should make a R&D donation to this board. Just saying.

I would not hold off getting one just for handles on the lower grate.

Was going to buy an 18.5",but after reading post from Chris, I'm going to wait. Read from another posting in this forum that there are no changes for the 2014 model.

Will there be handles?

I was considering adding U-bolt handles to my lower grate, but glad I found this posting. Called up Weber and ordered a replacement lower grate (2014) with the handles.

Back