Weber Rotisserie or Cajun Bandit Rotisserie

RogerS

TVWBB All-Star
I'm debating between the 2. One reason I am hesitant on the CB Rotisserie (I would get the one that fits both the WSM & Kettle) is the CB is battery operated. I can get the DC one for $11 more. Are both motors about the same? Weber VS. CB? Anyone used both or have both? Suggestions/opinions and ideas are welcome between the 2. Thanks

folks that have the battery one say it works just fine. the cb might be the better choice. i have the weber one cuz i got it cheap !

Roger, do NOT worry about the battery powered rotisserie from CB....
I have it, used it for AT LEAST 20 times (do not know the amount of hours tho') without problem.
In case you did not know, there IS a DC adapter available for the CB motor.
I have not looked into getting one because "I have it, used it for AT LEAST 20 times (do not know the amount of hours tho') without problem."

If you cook anything or anyway like I do, you'll WANT the CB for BOTH the kettle AND the WSM.
I've used mine on the WSM 'bout 15 times to 'bout 5 times on my kettle.

And I've typed these words before, "you may question whether the CB rotisserie is worth the cost of it... in my opinion: Yes It Is."

I've owned my CB rotisserie for almost two years and use it three or four times a month year-round. I'm still on my original set of batteries. These days, I'm expecting the batteries to die each time I set it up, but it just keeps twirling.
And not having an extension cord to trip over or have the dog unplug is a bonus.

I believe the fit on the CB is better than the Weber. I ordered my Weber rotisserie the day before the CB on came out. Had I known CB was making one I would have held off for a day and ordered it instead.

Thanks for the comments! CB it is..may order the DC adaptor also, for around $11.00, great info on this forum thanks again.

Roger, I believe you will enjoy the use of the CB on your WSM MORE THAN YOU IMAGINED!
It's GREAT on the kettle, It's AWESOME on the Smokey Mountain!

still do not know how to delete a post in this new format..............

Last edited:
Love my CB Rotisserie! Chris makes great stuff, and the rotisserie kit he pairs with it does the job very well. Same as Jim, mine's a workhorse and I've had no trouble out of it whatsoever.

It arrived
daf98ce2793c874866fa7cff43d26f8f_zps3573b35b.jpg

Roger, you may want to modify it slightly....
see the slot where the spit rod sits on, on the right side of your photo?
...and the HOLE where the rod slides thru on the motor side of the ring?
you may want to slot open that hole, actually copy the slot on the other side... know what I mean...?
a lousy photo, but look at my ring below where the motor and the spit rod are... it's slotted, no hole..

IMG_1884.JPG

DSCN2431.JPG

anyway, with this cut-out makes placing your spit on the ring so much easier than trying to fit the rod thru the hole with food on.
Also, removing the spit once your food is cooked.
In the second photo, you can see I did the cut-out on both sides of the ring.
Just a suggestion.... :)
Glad you got the best for the best!

Thanks for the info Jim! I will do that. Quick question. I was at a neighbors party yesterday and a Buddy of mine has a 20# Turkey. He wants me to rotisserie the poultry. Is it too big? Or will it work alright?

So the CB rotisserie you have will fit the 22.5 kettle and the 18 wsm? Or do you have to buy a seperate ring?

Last edited:
still do not know how to delete a post in this new format..............
Jim, click on 'edit post' and you'll see the delete button. I use another forum with this format but the delete option isn't there.

So the CB rotisserie you have will fit the 22.5 kettle and the 18 wsm? Or do you have to buy a seperate ring?

At this time I believe Chris only makes a 22.5inch rotisserie ring, or at least this was the case last time I talked to him.

sorry for the late response...
randy is correct, only fits the 22½WSM or kettle. an 18½ ring is not available.
Thanks Neil, i'll look for the delete button next time;)
Roger, i haven't done anything as large as a 20 pound bird.
I'm sure the ring and your spit would support it, but an average motor to turn the bird is questionable...

Back