18.5 stacker

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
I searched on stackers for the 18.5 but only find posts that are several years old. I contacted Cajun Bandit but they don't make a stacker for the 18, they do for the 22 - the 22 will already feed an army!

Does anyone know of a decent stacker (that works without major mods) for the 18 WSM?

It sounds like such a great idea as the 18 will be perfect for my family but the stacker would allow extra capacity when needed.

Jeff, Chris A. did an out of the box inspection and video on the Pro Q. If you search Youtube you should find it.

Just thinking aloud....Could you order another mid18.5" mid section from Weber? Would one stack on another? I wonder how much weber would charge?

My concern would be too tall and unstable,

I thought about finding a used beat up WSM 18.5 and cutting down the mid section but the door part would intrude where you want to cut, but you could weld in a patch. I have to think about how they would connect.

Sounds like a lot of work and I agree, it would be too tall. For $33 bucks, Russell Y's link seems like a no brainer, no?

My concern would be too tall and unstable,

I thought about finding a used beat up WSM 18.5 and cutting down the mid section but the door part would intrude where you want to cut, but you could weld in a patch. I have to think about how they would connect.

Jeff- Just in case you did not see it, this is what I did. Yes, it was a LOT of work but I love it.
I can load all 4 racks without putting the smoker apart.

CIMG4499_zps12374d4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PeterZ
That thing is a monster! a Saturn 5 of cookers!

makes the 18 to the right side look dinky! This weekend we did 12 chicken thighs for the 4 of us and had 6 left over.

I just purchased a second used 18.5 WSM and of course the first thing I did was see how well they fit together. Surprisingly not as well as I had hoped. The bottom ring of the middle section does not fit that great into the top ring of a middle section....even tried flipping it. With some gasket material around the top of the bottom middle section (if you can picture what I am sayin) there should be no issues with fitting or leaks.
The whole reason for stacking is I want to modify my smoker to be able to hang racks of ribs from the top section. Probably going to grab some gasket material and make a double middle section 18.5 WSM. Height and stability are definitely NOT an issue. I had no fear of anything toppling over even with out any type of gasket material and the sections not fitting that great.

Last edited:
Jeff- Just in case you did not see it, this is what I did. Yes, it was a LOT of work but I love it.
I can load all 4 racks without putting the smoker apart.

CIMG4499_zps12374d4d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PeterZ--

Is there a thread anywhere where you discuss your tnoughts/experiences about the party Q that I see you using on your 18.5" wsm?

I'm very close to ordering one and can't find enough information around.

Thanks Chris, I had tracked down that video, have you used it in any cooks yet? and if so it is still tough to take off or even tougher?

I did order one of these, even though I don't have the bullet yet, I ordered it and was about to order the bullet when my wife insisted I had to buy 3 tires for my 25 year old son's car, so my bullet is on his car, SIGH. He is a part time EMT and about to start teaching in the Boston Schools so has no money.

BUT I figured that if I wait for 3 or 4 months until I get my bullet they may all be gone and then I would kick myself, better spending the price of a pizza night than miss out.

We are having BLT's tonight but it is a nice night here south of Boston so I will fire up my NBBD to practice the minon method with it to see if I can learn to regulate its temps.

Here is a youtube video I saw about the 18.5 that shows me how much pulled pork you can make on just one rack, I think he said 13 pounds, that would feed us for 2 weeks! So this reinforces my decision to get the 18!

Thanks Chris, I had tracked down that video, have you used it in any cooks yet? and if so it is still tough to take off or even tougher?

I did order one of these, even though I don't have the bullet yet, I ordered it and was about to order the bullet when my wife insisted I had to buy 3 tires for my 25 year old son's car, so my bullet is on his car, SIGH. He is a part time EMT and about to start teaching in the Boston Schools so has no money.

BUT I figured that if I wait for 3 or 4 months until I get my bullet they may all be gone and then I would kick myself, better spending the price of a pizza night than miss out.

We are having BLT's tonight but it is a nice night here south of Boston so I will fire up my NBBD to practice the minon method with it to see if I can learn to regulate its temps.

I haven't ordered one yet, but was considering maybe ordering 2...one to cut rotisserie notches in.
Shipping's a little hefty at $25 for one and $45 for two.

Also, are we sure these fit on 2009+ WSM's?

EDIT: After watching Chris' video, looks like it will.

Last edited:
I haven't ordered one yet, but was considering maybe ordering 2...one to cut rotisserie notches in.
Shipping's a little hefty at $25 for one and $45 for two.

Also, are we sure these fit on 2009+ WSM's?

That will be the $64 (or in this case $58) question. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I spoke to cajun bandit, and they said they are coming out with an 18.5" stacker, but production is lagging. Maybe late fall or winter at worst is what I was told. Might want to just wait for that. I know I am.

I actually starting thinking about a propane smoker, the Masterbilt XL sounds easy to control temp and lots of capacity, then yesterday I smoked two full racks of ribs on my NBBD and we had a couple ribs left over, from the 4 of us.
So the Weber 18 will more than take care of us and at a party I would have the stacker.

On Cajun Bandit, their stacker would be great but I have seen places that first say production is lagging and then next thing, it is cancelled. If we want them to actually do it everyone should contact them every few weeks to ask about it so they realize there is a market for it.

Back