BBQPad

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
My friend Jono Bacon has created a site called BBQPad that let's you post your cooking logs online so you can discuss them with others. It's just getting underway and looks kind of interesting. Check it out for yourself.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks for sharing, Chris!

I am one of the BBQpad guys and if anyone has any questions, queries, or suggestions, feel free to let us know. :)

The primary idea behind BBQpad is to provide a way to track the details about your cooks and share them easily. As an example, we are seeing lots of folks asking for help on forums such as this about a particular topic and referring to their BBQpad cook (e.g. http://www.bbqpad.com/4/) to provide some context around their question. We see this as a neat combination of TVWBB and BBQpad.

As I say, do let me know if anyone has anything I can help with!

I keep a log of all my cooks so this does look interesting. One concern I have is recording all my cooks to a cloud and run the risk of loosing everything should the site close. Is there any export function?

I keep a log of all my cooks so this does look interesting. One concern I have is recording all my cooks to a cloud and run the risk of loosing everything should the site close. Is there any export function?

Right now we don't have an export function, but I can 100% assure you that if the site were to shut down (which is definitely not on the cards), every user will be provided with a full export of all of their cooks.

Hi everyone,

Satisfied users of BBQpad and other BBQ websites are always welcome to discuss them as much as they want here on TVWBB. However, per the TVWBB terms of use, people affiliated with such websites are not allowed to promote them or offer direct support for them through posts on TVWBB.

If you have questions about BBQpad that cannot be answered by a satisfied user here on TVWBB, please contact BBQpad through their website.

Regards,
Chris

Hi everyone,

Satisfied users of BBQpad and other BBQ websites are always welcome to discuss them as much as they want here on TVWBB. However, per the TVWBB terms of use, people affiliated with such websites are not allowed to promote them or offer direct support for them through posts on TVWBB.

If you have questions about BBQpad that cannot be answered by a satisfied user here on TVWBB, please contact BBQpad through their website.

Regards,
Chris

No problem, Chris, and thanks for clarifying. :)

Well, I signed up, and will be using the site as I go. Regarding loss of information. It seems to me that it should be simple to copy that information onto a hard drive so that you have the assurance of full control on saving your hard won material. I haven't done this, yet, but I see no problem with doing it that way.

Just a thought...

Dale53

Back