Pork..(SV warning)

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
A Pork Tenderloin...Rubbed with a 6 pepper mix(thanks again BoB),rolled in bacon.

Served with a potato cake and cheese filled maters. Sounds like fun doesent it?!

Ok lets go: (dont blink)

Loin Trimmed/rubbed/rolled/vacced.

Taters:
0527.JPG

Maters filled with blue and a creamy mild,a dust of Oregano to top it off..(scoop out the seeds and replace with cheese..Keep the walls if you add more then 1 cheese))
0622.JPG

0652.JPG

Loin almost done in the bath:
0853.JPG

Out of the bag...Tasty? Nope but it´s done to perfection!
1002.JPG

Sides getting there:
0813.JPG

After a blast with the weed burner to make the BCN crisp
1051.JPG

After the rest(20 min)
1151.JPG

Last edited:
That's incredible. I don't think I'll ever have my own sous vide cooker , but I can see that translating to my WSM pretty well. The taters and maters are very creative too. Thanks for sharing.

Perfection!

a great dinner IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!
Daniel/Emilie: This ▼ Is OUTSTANDING!!!

1232.JPG

what do you have inside those potatoes? AWESOME!! cI wanna EET it NOW!!

Last edited:
Wholey crap Daniel...that was one amazing post...u are a true master buddy..I'm hanging up my tongs after that post...

SIMPLY amazing...sides and all...beers to you my friend!

Outstanding, Daniel! I love he use of the muffin pan for the potatoes and tomatoes.
After seeing your finishing touch on the bacon does TVWBB now mean The Virtual Weed Burner Board? ;)

First off thanks ppls!

About the taters muffins: We did like a normal gratain. Thinly sliced potatoes simmered in Cream/garlic/leeks/thyme/salt/black pepper.(for about 20 min) Then Emilie put raw tater slices around the edges of the muffin tray,added the "gratain mix" in the middle and topped it of with cheese. Worked out really well.

We dident have any smaller trays to do them in,and this was a bit to large. Covered almost 2/3 of the grate. So i rotated it every 10 min.(total time 35 min,guess the temp was around 350-400f)

The tomatoes are really good,but i would not use a tray for em next time. Some of the cheese boiled over and gave the bottom of the maters a hint of burnt flavour. They are better just on the grates indirect.

And we did have a bit of problem with the timing. We started the taters to early and they started to turn brown on us. So we cooked em early. I dident have a hot fire when the meat was done. Thats why we used the weed burner.(but it worked great - Exept for the grease in the sink) :confused:

Thanks again ppl!

Last edited:

Back