Weber cover or not !

Clifford Q

Hi, I have a genuine weber cover that fit's a S-310 . After 3 years the cover is junk ,it has many cracks , leaks like heck and is brittle. I've searched and found more owners that say they won't buy another and some say they are happy.
It's not that a cover is a million bucks ,I just don't like getting screwed. If my S-310 lasts 10 years I'll go thru 3 covers,, That dosent make good financial sense.
Dose anyone know of a quality brand?

CLIFF Q

It possible, keep your grill under an overhang that at least prevents it from being rained on most of the time. If not and you want to cover it (many feel it's better to just let it stay uncovered so condensation can't collect under the cover), you'll pretty much have to find a decent cover somewhere like Amazon and replace it as needed. I've never had a cover -- including a boat cover -- that didn't deteriorate pretty drasticly after three years.

Rich

I had one of these on my old grill and it held up quite nicely.

I now have the weber brand cover for my genisis and can tell that my old one was higher quality.

And unlike the black weber cover, the tan one doesnt show scratches.

You can see many of the reviewers use the medium on their genisis grills and if you look at the customer submitter images, ther are some of the cover on genisis grills.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HCNEWM/?tag=TVWB-20

I had one of these on my old grill and it held up quite nicely.

I now have the weber brand cover for my genisis and can tell that my old one was higher quality.

And unlike the black weber cover, the tan one doesnt show scratches.

You can see many of the reviewers use the medium on their genisis grills and if you look at the customer submitter images, ther are some of the cover on genisis grills.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HCNEWM/?tag=TVWB-20

Thats the exact same cover I have had 4yrs on my Holland and love it. Stays flexible, wont crack on you and it has nice venting that wont leak water back in grill area. Even after the worst rain storms the grill is nice and dry underneath. I was trying to find one to fit my Weber kettles and even the smoker if they made one. They do make one that would fit nicely on a 18.5 smoker though..

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73002-Veranda-Smoker/dp/B000HCNEVI/ref=sr_1_37?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356114044&sr=1-37

Last edited:
Thats the exact same cover I have had 4yrs on my Holland and love it. Stays flexible, wont crack on you and it has nice venting that wont leak water back in grill area. Even after the worst rain storms the grill is nice and dry underneath. I was trying to find one to fit my Weber kettles and even the smoker if they made one. They do make one that would fit nicely on a 18.5 smoker though..

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73002-Veranda-Smoker/dp/B000HCNEVI/ref=sr_1_37?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356114044&sr=1-37

Hi Guy's, thanks for the quick information , I like the Amazon suggestion. Certainly appriciated.

CLIFF

Hi, well I pulled the trigger and bought the genuine Weber cover. I took my old cover apart at the seams and was going to use the panels as templates and make my own cover. Joann's Fabric store has RV grade material I planned on useing. After more thought I determined it wasn't worth the effort. Afterall it's only a 50 buck investment. :>(( The cover came today and the first thing I did was to wipe it down with a product called "303"
303 is a spray on liquid used to protect against UV damage and prolong life. It's kinda like Armorall used to protect vinyl. 303 is a much better product found in auto parts stores and marine supply outlets.
Hopefully the cover becomes a 10 year investment.

CLIFF

I use the 303 spray on our 2 jetskis, pontoon boat and power boat we used to have. Works pretty good and isn't like a slick sheet when it gets on seats and the like. Things will still fade with 303 but at a decreased rate for awhile. We usually get it at the Marine Supply house here locally. Never thought of using it on a grill cover.
Congrats on the new cover:)

Back