Polder Dual sensor thermo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

TVWBB All-Star
Any ideas or reviews of a dual sensor probe thermo? Thought about buying this coming week at the local gormet shop.I was looking at a Polder dual sensor model.

If I remember correctly, the Polder dual probe has two sensors on one cable-- one for the meat, and another at the hilt of the probe that senses oven temperature. I'm pretty sure it's not capable of sensing and alerting you to both a too-high and a too-low cooker temperature situation. It gets really bad reviews on Amazon. I think the Maverick ET-73 still remains the best bet for the WSM user.

I had one of these for about one week. during the first cook, it failed and started reading wrong and setting off the temp alarm.

I returned it as defective.

That Polder dual sensor model (2 sensors on one cable) has gotten very bad reviews. My two ET-73's have been going strong since I bought them the day after they were released. I'm with Doug - unless you want to get into big money, the Maverick Redi-chek ET-73, a 2-probe hi-low alarm remote thermo, is still the best bet.

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

Keri, you have two ET-73 ? one for the food one for the cooker.. or is it one et73 that can monitor two diff temps...cuz if its a good remote... that would be awsome to put in my bedroom so i dont have to go outside and check on the fire....the other ones i have seen were so so expensive.. this ones all not that expensive... take care
mords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back