A New Spin on my Chicken Spiedini

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I promise, if this looks good to you, and you try it and don't like it, let me know and I will donate to TVWB the cost of your chicken.

Chicken spiedini is found in about every Italian restaurant in the St Louis area, and there's a ton of them here.

Normally I just chunk the breasts, marinate in Italian dressing, roll in a 50/50 mix of plain panko crumbs & canned Parmesan, skewer and grill.
This time I was shooting for restaurant style.

Started with 3 half breasts cut in half thick wise then flattened.
Dipped in a mix of butter and evoo.
IMGP8777.JPG

Lemon-pepper Panko crumbed, with fresh grated Parmesan.
IMGP8783.JPG

Rolled.
IMGP8787.JPG

Cut each roll in thirds, skewered, propped on the grate flips to start over a single layer of K-blue.
IMGP8815.JPG

IMGP8819.JPG

Then down on the grate.
IMGP8829.JPG

Plated with a lemon wedge and bow-tie pasta.
This pic is prior to spooning some melted butter with minced garlic over the chicken,
IMGP8844.JPG

IMGP8843.JPG

The very best I've ever made, and it was on par with the best I've ever had from restaurants, and Jo Anne agreed!

Thanks for the visit, and Happy Weekend everyone!

Tryed it!...Dident like it!
icon_smile.gif

-=>$$$<=- + the bred crumbs!

Will try this for sure! Best looking chicken since...Forever! Quality B0B! Hug Jo-Anne from us..

Good looking chicken Bob...I think this might be on the menu this weekend!

Thanks for sharing

that really looks good. I like the raised skewer technique for cooking, then down on the grate for a little color. Good style there!

Well done Bob! I will be trying these for sure. Lemon goes so well with chicken.
my wife was able to duplicate the Parm crusted chicken that Noodles & Co. has. This will be levels above that.

I see what you did there! Never thought of flipping up the grate for supports!

Your description and pics are so good, I'm making this tonight. Thanks Bob!

Edit: yep, it's every bit as good as Bob's pics make it look.

Marvelous all the way around Bob.

We'll be in St. Louis next month for Daughter's graduation. Can't wait for some real German food and of course Daughter has a crawfish gig planned. Hope to post some pics.

I'm just bumping this because we had it again last night. It's so good - the whole family loves it, and it's oh so easy.

Thanks again for sharing Bob!

Back