Ed Reilly's Weber Collection WOW

Lawrence M.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi Folks,

I am helping Ed Reilly post pics of his collection. He posting in the trading post today about his 1880, and the rarity doesn't stop there! He has the 1880, Garden Kettle, Teal 4 leg SJ, Simpsons SJ, amongst others. Great collection, Ed!

6997701988_5809a0615c.jpg

7143788125_f1f25f47f7.jpg

7143788113_ae150b10bd.jpg

Vintage platinum!
icon_smile.gif

7143788063_a02d437415_z.jpg

Ed, please tell us more about this picture! I bet you would never find anyone at a bbq show in a suit nowadays!
7143788077_0acba7a6bc_z.jpg

Not charcoal but Ed is on the hunt for one of these:

6997702058_09dd8c49ee.jpg

6997701958_19e1c610d5.jpg

I will share my thoughts when I catch my breath. Until then yes! I would wear a suit at a bbq show. But that's just little ol' fundamental me!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

There have been a few sevilles advertised here in the last few months. There are a few different kinds of seville's out there. Have you seen Jeff K's collection? Jeff has some pretty great stuff,

Brian

Close up of Ed's poster:
7143989211_85022670a4_z.jpg

The railing mounted kettle and Seville with wheels differ from the other 50 year timeline.

I'm just curious as to who Ed actually is. Did he work for Weber? I am asking because in this picture of his collection posted a while back the "Custom" appears to be sitting atop several large boxes of catalogs, possibly 2012's. I thought the pictures were from the Weber factory storage room.
icon_confused.gif

By the way, where could we get posters like that? I would love one. You are aweome Ed!
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Shaun R:
I'm just curious as to who Ed actually is. Did he work for Weber? I am asking because in this picture of his collection posted a while back the "Custom" appears to be sitting atop several large boxes of catalogs, possibly 2012's. I thought the pictures were from the Weber factory storage room.

If you remember I posted this picture and a couple others, (magazines,catalogs) months ago without an explanation and of course like me, people where quite excited to see these and wondered if they were mine! Alas, they are not. Me and Ed have corresponded with emails and calls for the last few months and have done a little business together as well. He really has a nice collection and does have a relationship with Weber. I'll leave it to him to answer any other questions you have.

Very cool! Thanks Todd, I look forward to hearing more from him. I bet we could all learn a lot about the oldies.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Lawrence M.:
Ed, can we get a closer pic of the poster here?

6997701988_5809a0615c.jpg

I am seriously DIGGIN' the greenish "crackle" bowling ball like finish on that 1950s 18.5 with the white metal wheels. I see now how the ash was collected on the pre disc kettles. I can't wait to see and hear more from Ed.

That "Vintage Platinum" above... looks like a 26'r in some sort of Weber built cart - If I'm not mistaken - great thread.

I bid on one of those "Customs" several years a while back...like 2008...on ebay...my bid was not high enough. I think the shipping was going to be $50. Looking back, I wish I had tried harder, this is only the second time I've seen that grill.

I want a print of that poster man!

Wonderful collection!

Is Ed in Cali too?

If so, I'm coming your way Ringo...and I'm staying a while.....a collecting vacation.

Make room....I'll bring moonshine...good moonshine.

Originally posted by ToddBP:
If you remember I posted this picture and a couple others, (magazines,catalogs) months ago without an explanation and of course like me, people where quite excited to see these and wondered if they were mine! Alas, they are not. Me and Ed have corresponded with emails and calls for the last few months and have done a little business together as well. He really has a nice collection and does have a relationship with Weber. I'll leave it to him to answer any other questions you have.

I had forgotten Ed and I crossed paths a month or so ago, but I had forgotten his name. Glad you made it Ed! I will give you a call soon.

Back