TVWBB Diamond Member
No. 8 Sauce

2 cup ketchup
1 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 T worchestershire sauce
2 T rub
1 T minced chipotle in adobo
1/2 cup meat drippings (from foil wrapped rest)
1/2 cup pineapple reduction sauce

simmer and enjoy

Steve,

This is simiar to the sauce I make. I start with ketchup, pineapple, and coffee. 1/4 cup of Folger's instant IMO is the best to use. Been making a version of your No.6 lately and people really like it.

Coffee would certainly add another layer of flavor. I have not used it as of yet. The coffee would probably tie in niecely with the meat drippings flavors.

A week ago, I made a 'Texas sauce'...this one, No. 8 put it to shame. Not all of 'em are winners.

Jim, take the core from a fesh pineapple...the tough chewy part...chop to small pea size...place in saucepan, cover with an inch of apple juice and some honey...now simmer and simmer some more until it is reduced by about 1/2 the original volume.

You get two things: candy like pineapple ...yum

and

a wonderful pineapple reduction sauce with fabulous flavor !!!!!!

This No. 8 Sauce is my favorite sauce (with tomato) to date. Just to salute KK, I added a pinch of thyme to the sauce.

Steve,

Are all 8 of your sauces posted here? I've only located a couple using the search function.

Jim

Jim,
No.6 has six ingredients, No.8 has eight ingredients...there aren't eight sauces. The number refers to the number of ingredients.

My better sauces in my opinion are the Lexington sauces and No. 6 and 8.

Steve - Thanks for clearing that up. I think others might have also had the same misconception.

Jim

Back