SS Performer connector bar fix with bike parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_B

I came here searching for a way to attach my connector bars on my rebuild. The bolts were just sitting inside the tube not doing any good. I couldn't find anything, so searching I went and came up with these. http://www.jensonusa.com/store...707Z03-Star+Nut.aspx
Went to my local bike shop today and got 1-1/8" star nuts. They went in a little tighter than I thought they would, I might have been able to use 1"
After I put the first one in, I bent the tabs a little on the next ones giving them a head start and they did go in easier.
Just an FYI I thought I'd share.

Hi Bill,
Are you talking about the Bowl Mount"? If so, my bolts go through the tubing. Photos of your <span class="ev_code_RED">Redhead</span> are always appreciated.

No it is the bars that connect the two wheel frames together on the bottom where the wire rack is. They call them connector bars on the schematic.

Ok, now I get it.
icon_redface.gif
Nice solution to the problem. Have any Pics?

I put the link to the part in my first post. didn't take any pics installed, couldn't really see inside the bar. Worked like a charm though.
Just put her all back together again, all cleaned and painted. When I figure out how to post a pic, I'll post the red head.

Bill,

One of the bars on my CL find needs this and I think the other one is about to go. Thanks for the great solution and how bout those pics ?

I didn't take any pics of them installed but if you look at the link in my first post you'll see what you need.

Hey Bill I had the same problem! I fixed mine by punching out the internal square nuts in the square tubes and running 1/8" stainless all-thread all the way through the tubes and attaching with stainless lock nuts. Be sure to get the rust off! I sanded mine out and hit it with some satin finish rust-o-leum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back