You’re not going to believe this one...

MLiebler

So I’ve been on searching online for a 1st gen frame for the past month as I was wanted to restore a genesis 3000 redhead (for myself). I came across a listing on FB marketplace for the exact same model and I was like damn that’s a really good restore job. The guy was asking $250 so I decided to skip the hassle of a restore, buy it and break down the other for parts. I went to pick it up this afternoon and I was absolutely flabbergasted - it wasn’t a restore at all, the grill had NEVER been fired up ! Talk about a barnyard find. The guy tells me it was his neighbor who lived across the street and that he would buy things and never use them. He said his house was perfect and untouched (including the kitchen cabinets) except for the one chair that he used. Guy decided to move to GA and gave him the grill for helping him pack.

I feel like I just won the lottery. 5E2B0D76-538F-4994-89B3-EC348445DCD3.jpegAC80FC23-C5E3-42C6-985B-B721BD467C9A.jpeg4E43659D-0784-4A4E-B5C7-8C2B87634F85.jpeg

I saw that listing. Surprised it took as long to sell as it did. I think he said in the listing that it was new.

So I’ve been on searching online for a 1st gen frame for the past month as I was wanted to restore a genesis 3000 redhead (for myself). I came across a listing on FB marketplace for the exact same model and I was like damn that’s a really good restore job. The guy was asking $250 so I decided to skip the hassle of a restore, buy it and break down the other for parts. I went to pick it up this afternoon and I was absolutely flabbergasted - it wasn’t a restore at all, the grill had NEVER been fired up ! Talk about a barnyard find. The guy tells me it was his neighbor who lived across the street and that he would buy things and never use them. He said his house was perfect and untouched (including the kitchen cabinets) except for the one chair that he used. Guy decided to move to GA and gave him the grill for helping him pack.

I feel like I just won the lottery. View attachment 27929View attachment 27930View attachment 27931
Unbelievable for sure. What a spectacular find! Now the question is will YOU be able to bring yourself to use it😎!

I feel like I just won the lottery. View attachment 27929View attachment 27930View attachment 27931
OMG MAN! You did win the lottery, that is beautiful

It makes you wonder how someone can buy something like a nice grill like that and just never use it. Not even one time.

And $250 for that is a great deal. It should have sold the first hour it hit the sale sites.

I saw that listing. Surprised it took as long to sell as it did. I think he said in the listing that it was new.
Tim - you may be right. I think he priced it based on the restored redhead that was listed for a couple of weeks before it sold. Also it wasn't his FB account, when I reached out via messenger she said to call the guy and gave me his number. Well I txt'd him and I didn't get a response. Then I figured out that it wasn't a cell so I called him. He agreed to hold it for a day so I could get up there.

Looking at the serial number "EI" it is a 1997 model. The grill on the left I purchased back in 1999 on the day I bought my first house. I restored it a few years ago, Weber actually sold me the durowood parts and replacement shelf.

Will post more pictures tomorrow or Saturday.

Last edited:
Tim - you may be right. I think he priced it based on the restored redhead that was listed for a couple of weeks before it sold. Also it wasn't his FB account, when I reached out via messenger she said to call the guy and gave me his number. Well I txt'd him and I didn't get a response. Then I figured out that it wasn't a cell so I called him. He agreed to hold it for a day so I could get up there.

Looking at the serial number "EI" it is a 1997 model. The grill on the left I purchased back in 1999 on the day I bought my first house. I restored it a few years ago, Weber actually sold me the durowood parts and replacement shelf.

Will post more pictures tomorrow or Saturday.
Yeah, I actually thought, "Wow, a NOS vintage Weber, I should post that over on VWBB." :D But I'm new here and not sure of all the rules and etiquette yet.

Incredible find!! Life is full of surprises. I can see how some people would not use a barbeque much. My parents have a newer no name bbq and if it gets used twice a year it is quite an accomplishment.

Back